• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Readybrek - is it ok for babies?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

I know Olivia is a long way off weaning yet but I think I remember somewhere on here someone saying you shouldn't give Readybrek to babies instead of porridge. I can't find the thread now so does anyone know why not? I had it for breakfast and, oh my what an idle mind I must have (!), it made me think of that thread.

Anyone?

Thanks
Lucy

I gave it to charlie and ethan when they were 6 months old, i will be giving it to coby then too

xxx

i gave Dior ready break from when i started weaning that was about 10weeks old

Oh in that case maybe I mis-read what the thrwad was saying!

Thanks ladies!

Lucy

YUM YUM ready brek...loads of syrup mmmm.
Is it becuse it has sugar in it?

It was me that didn't think you could give it to babies, but I think Urchin showed me a link that said that it's ok from 6 months :D

It contains gluton which babies shouldn't have til they are 6 months old. Weetabix is the same. Rusks also contain it and suger but yu can get gluton and sugar free ones.

yeh my health visitor said not to give eva things like readybrek and wheatabix until she is 6months. it was just in a lust of stuff she can't have yet that she read to me.

rosieroo said:
It was me that didn't think you could give it to babies, but I think Urchin showed me a link that said that it's ok from 6 months :D

Yeah that was me :oops:

thanks everyone, I know it sounds awfully premature to be thinking about foods to wean but I dont know the first thing about it so to get wee bits understood when I think of them will help!

Cheers

Lucy

When I was pregnant I was told to eat more weetabix, not good with morning sickness as it came up the same as it went down - ewwww. Have never had it since and doubt Seren will as the smell makes me quesy :?

I know the feeling beanie only mine was with special K :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back