readybreak??

lisa&alex

Reaction score
when can babies have it.. i know ive been told after 6 months but is that coz weanign doesnt happen untill 6 months? baby rice is so bland.. and the other cereals are really expensive for what they are.. i would prefur to make him fruit puree with readybrek or weetabix..

i bought some 'generic' porridge from asda and sometimes i give that to oliver for breakfast. i think he started having it early on, about 7 months.

the only thing with the already made stuff is the sugar content, so making your own is definitly more healthy!

isnot porriage a bit thick though? and edwards only 5 months

Ready Brek contains gluten which you should avoid until babies are over 6 months. :)

I'd just use the normal baby rice or the fruity breakfast ones or whatever and get them on offer. Or add fruit puree to the bland ones. We gave it to Ryan from 6 months but not for long as he started on toast for breakfast.

I wouldn't suggest ready break at Ed's age... :shock: Why not just boil/steam a load of fruit and veg and just give that, you can make loads and freeze it... :think: Its much healthier than cereals :) or you can add it to baby rice to flavour it :)

You can buy special weetabix for babies (Hipp-a-bisc or something I think there called, made by Hipp Organic), otherwise readybreak etc, they are aimed more for around the 7 month marker, i.e. stage 2. Baby cereals are made specifcally for LO's and thus the ingredients are perfected for them, as I think someone mentioned in another thread some time ago, it might taste bland to us but LO doesn't have such sophisticated taste buds and won't taste it as you and I do type thing - baby rice with some fruit puree or similar would be a great breakfast. I think your LO is slightly too young for the proper readybreak, it's rather heavy ingredients wise.

Kina said:
Ready Brek contains gluten which you should avoid until babies are over 6 months. :)

Yep gluten. The baby porridges don't have it in. The Annabel Karmel books have Readybrek in it for 6 months + because of this.

i am making veggies and pureed fruits.. but i want something i can put in with it to give it a bit of bulk and im at the end of my baby rice box.. so jsut wondered if there was an alternative.. and wondered if there was a reason babies couldnt have readybrek..

In the veggie ones you could put some potato (eg. carrot and potato etc) you can't really taste it but it is more filling. With fruit I don't know, I guess baby rice is the best for that. :think:

For breakfast I give Fynn 1 weetabix and to bulk it up I add a mushed up banana and he loves it... also I puree strawberry and stew apples and pears to bulk up cereal... I know this wasnt your question (I cant answer your question) but thought id try and help on bulking cereal up :)

Iv gave Fynn weetabix from about 5 months

Also, if you go into Home Bargains (if you have one near you) Cow and Gate Blueberry and Apple baby cereal for a big box is 49p...its normally £2.99 in boots and supermarkets! (I bulk this up with homemade fruit puree too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back