Ready or not?

FallingStar

Reaction score
Is anyone feeling like they have everything organised for baby's arrival.. or are most like me and feel totally unprepared stuff-wise? :D

I kept putting off getting baby things as didn't want to 'jinx' my pg (daft.. I know :p) and I'm still putting it off now! Number One Son is leaving home in a couple of weeks, and Bomp will be having his room as it's on the top floor of the house next to our room.. so I'm kinda waiting til #1 Son and his stuff have gone so I can get in and get Bomp's room ready! I'll be around 33 weeks or so by then I guess... definitely time to be getting organised.

And the list of stuff I don't have is waaaay bigger than the list of stuff I do have! Not too bothered really, as I can just go get everything I need in one go, once we have a nursery to put it in! My only concern is I might be too big and waddly to really enjoy my Bomp Shopping Trip :D xx

I feel totally unprepared! Still got loads to buy and after Jodied's birth announcement this weekend I'm not holding back and have told OH we are going shopping as soon as he's back from his hols this weekend!
We're not doing a nursery as we are planning to move before beany needs his own room so at least I don't have that to worry about!

My list of things I want to do is massive as well... and most of it is stuff that Hubby won't let me do!
I need to hire a Rug Doctor and have all the carpets shampooed. Hubby says it's too heavy for me to push about and lug up the stairs and we'll get one after Bomp arrives and he'll do it.
I want to touch up paintwork throughout the house and get Bomp's room totally repainted. Not allowed coz of paint fumes.
The garden needs a good tidy up, patio jetwashed and everything dug over and some planting done. Can't do that because of risk of toxoplasmosis from dog poo (although dogs rarely poo in the garden and son is good at dog poo duty!).
Garage needs clearing out to make sure there's room for pushchair/pram storage when not in use, alongside Hubby's motorbike. Too much heavy lifting for me apparently.
I'd also like to clear spare room out (mountains of old Avon brochures as I'm a rep, plus other stuff that's found a home in there!) and shift the furniture around as we'll be having guests after Bomp arrives andwant it to be nice. Nope, can't do that either!

Hubby's going to undertake ALL these jobs during his 2 week paternity leave, so he says.. which is probably a good thing :D He looooves his job and works 6 days a week, and he was a total nightmare when he had a week of a Christmas. He was bored to death after a day! Best keep him busy then ;) xx

Dad and I have just been to collect my crib but Dad is keeping that at his house for the time being.
Apart from all the shopping we need (although I did just buy a couple of things at mothercare) I still need to clear out both spare rooms,declutter downstairs, sort out the garden and clean the house from top to bottom! OH is away for another week so it's all going to have to wait till he gets home next week.

I have everything all ready now but only got it done between weeks 31-34 and managed to do it all in a few shopping trips.

I'm just waiting for this baby to arrive then I can stop being such a moody bitch!!

Im all ready which is lucky as have two days left!

it will all come together in the end, well thats what i keep saying, still got nursery to do order pram and get a cot, but have moses basketandbaby will be in with us at 1st, and have a car seat and rms for now or single pram and baby sling, so i not too worried, eveyone else is more worried about me not having everything redy thaniam, epcially as i may be getting indued thursday lol.

I am just about organised now. Just need to pay off the car seat and get the baby monitor. I think that is it but it is amazing how many things you forget about. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back