reading festival

Layla

Reaction score
well reading festival is in 2 weeks and i have deicded not to go, im gutted, i look forward to that every year, its kind of like my holiday.

my midwife said its fine for me to go if i feel up to it, but i traveled down to london for a wedding 2 weekends ago and it wore me out and that with a nice soft bed to sleep in, so i will never last the weekend of camping.

really upset tho :( my Oh is still going so i have orderd him to phone me when all the good bands come on lol

have any of you had to give up or pass on something you loved or had planned??

I have just sold my Leeds festival tickets on Ebay so I know exactly how gutted you feel right now mate. Since having problems with my hips I've realised it would be absolutely impossible for me to go. And my midwife said he can't stop me going but but he doesn't think it would help anything and will probably make me worse.

Bloody gutted - OH isn't going either now - he doesn't want to go without me and has decided we could do more with the cash - which I guess is a positive thing.

Still don't stop me feeling gutted. :roll: :(

I didnt think anything could top last years line up, but this years does.........meh! :(

Tell me about it - I haven't ever been to reading or leeds and now it looks like I won't for a good few years yet! :(
The sacrifices we make eh

Oh i will be there next year, i already have a baby sitter lined up, the grandparents!! lol

Yep- Glastonbury :(, so you have my sympathy!

It would have been my 9th year!

Mind you- when all of my mates started sending photos on their phones of all of that flooding and mud on the Friday it made me feel that I'd made the right decision!! It's just that festivals are so physical and that week I also had bad back pain so I would have found it really uncomfortable. I watched it on TV and they had this great coverage where you could go between stages and so see bits of all the main acts- we had takeaways and friends over to watch too and actually had a pretty enjoyable time despite not being there! It's not on next year anyway but my Mum and Dad have already volunteered to look after our baby in 2007 so we can go :)

+++

grandparents are great arnt they?! lol

Im so tempted to go for just a day, but its hard chooseing which day to go, the bands i want to see are spread out over all 3 days

there are lods of little bands I want to see at Leeds/Reading too, like Taking Back Sunday, Yellow Card, funeral for a friend (yes I am an Emo fan!!) lol :roll: :lol: and many big ones

oh, and My chemical Romance, Incubus, - there were so many! trying not to re-read the line up - making me so fed up :roll:

Yellowcard and TBS were last year hun, yellowcard pulled out last min so no one got to see them.

Incubus are great live tho, i have seen them before, defo worth seeing again.

I love MCR and was looking forward to seeing them, luckly they are touring in november near me so i have booked a ticket to see them then.

i really want to see manson, im not a big fan or anything, but i bet he is amzing to watch on stage.

and of course the foo's, they are the one band i havent seen yet that i doubt i will get the chance to see again, they dont tour over here very often :(

Hot Hot Heat were the band i was most looking forward to seeing, i think they are an amzing band and im so gutted i wont be seeing them now

Are you sure? Everything I've read saying they are playing this year too? I must be going mad lol. :oops:

Hi, we had weekend camping tickets for 'T in the park' this year, (last year was amazing) and decided not to go as it would be too difficult for me.

We were watching it on telly on the friday and saturday and were so disappointed that we decided to get up early on the sunday and try to get tickets at the festival gates.
It took a while to find anyone selling spare tickets but we did eventually and I am so glad we did because it was great! I had a great time and didnt even mind sleeping in the car that night. The only downside was needing the toilet all the time but as per usual at a festival the toilets and queues were so bad that I ended up using a bush anyway :lol:

A couple of weeks later I decided to try the weekend camping thing at the lakes (I was nearly 6mths) and it was surprisingly good fun, again needing the loo alot but it wasnt half as bad as I thought.

I would say if you have a good size tent and a comfy air bed then go!!!! I would go to Leeds and reading if I had tickets and Im huge now!!! :lol:

hi Lulu,

thats made me want to go even more now lol

Sorry, I just wouldnt want you to regret not going!!!!!

Argh I'm gonng miss it even more now!! :cry: I can't even go if I wanted to. I've sold my tickets now too (well in the process of it). And we need the money for the baby really.

I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so gutted :( :( :( :( :(

hmm I wounder if my family would have my kids, i can always buy a ticket on teh gate, they keep a few hundred back for the day

What about Ebay - might be able to pick up a bargain there? Or if not then the door yeah x

Ebay will have loads but they wont be at face value, better to get one on the gate.

but as much as i want to go, im not, its just not a good idea.

Hot Hot Heat will just have to wait for me! hehe

hey Sami, if your an emo girl then you might like some of there stuff, goodnight goodnight or bandages are there best ones.

Ooooh thanks hun - most people don't know what Emo is - and when they do they laugh or go 'oh my god are you depressed?!' :lol:
I think it's good - heavy rock sort of stuff.
Thanks for the reccomendations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back