reading festival

Hot Hot Heat arnt full emo, they are a kind of mix between emo and ska, so they are a very happy band, i love them, let me know what you think :)

I love Hot Hot Heat- especially Bandages! I saw them last autumn on tour and they were good live too. I think emo gets a bad press and can be used as a way of just dismissing any band who are a bit intense! We went to see The Cooper Temple Clause (who I would class as electro really) with some girls I met off The Libertines message boards (I was an obsessive fan but have a broken heart now and just don't want to talk about what happened to Pete and his so called new band...) and just because their lyrics can be a bit intense and emotional they were like "Oh it's so emo" like it was another way of saying rubbishy over-sentimental rock or something! It got us very annoyed as we're huge Cooper fans and it was such a lazy criticism...

+++

your so right

half the younger people dont know exactly what emo is, they jusr use it as a stero type to sound cool and fit in

when i ask them what gene a type of music is, half of them cant tell me, or just say "emo" to avoid the question.

It bugs me so much, im a major music fan, i love all kinds of music but i have to say that any type of rock, whether that be ska, emo, punk etc is my ablsluote fave!

some emo bands are really tallented and produce good records but most people wont give them a chance coz they are "emo"
well im sorry but if they looked at the whole music seene a bit closer, then they would find that most bands are tallented and can sometimes produce something rubbish, emo or not!

ha ha sorry, just relised i was going on a bit to much, just cant help it when it comes to music, its my passion

:)

I don't have a clue what any of you are going on about and I'm not scared to admit it lol!!

well just to join in the convo... i like old skool metal and nu metal :lol:

hope ur all good ladies

love elaine

layla said:
your so right

half the younger people dont know exactly what emo is, they jusr use it as a stero type to sound cool and fit in

when i ask them what gene a type of music is, half of them cant tell me, or just say "emo" to avoid the question.

It bugs me so much, im a major music fan, i love all kinds of music but i have to say that any type of rock, whether that be ska, emo, punk etc is my ablsluote fave!

some emo bands are really tallented and produce good records but most people wont give them a chance coz they are "emo"
well im sorry but if they looked at the whole music seene a bit closer, then they would find that most bands are tallented and can sometimes produce something rubbish, emo or not!

ha ha sorry, just relised i was going on a bit to much, just cant help it when it comes to music, its my passion

:)

Couldn't have said it better myself well done!! *claps*

Kim - you shall learn my dear - download some tracks and you'll soon get the gist of it. xx

emo. technically means 'emotional hardcore' so its basically any rough and ready hardcore band that 'sing' as well as or instead of shout.
Its just an industry tag that seems to be able to include anything these days.
A bit like 'nu-metal' which seems to be aplied to any kind of metal band thats has only been around for about the last 5 years! eg Linkin Park, Lost prophets and Papa Roach.

Personally I think nu-metal stands for any cack, where there is no technical skill involved and its just a crap blast of 3 power cords with some angry teenanger moaning about there parents and 'the system'

Rahh I like a band that say a bit more than that, and actually know how to play there instruments. Old school, Emo, Rock, Industrial.

Trent Reznor is God!

:twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back