Rash that doesnt fade...

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Today I noticed a small area on Joshs arm thats covered in tiny pin prick bruises,like a rash but purpleish and under the skin, and I dunno how he got them.

Just out of worry I put a glass over it and it didnt fade which of course had me worried sick. I showed his dad and we looked it up on the net and ruled out meningitis, but read about septicemia.

He's been complaning of headaches and earaches but I dunno if thats anything to do with it :?

Showed my mam and she said only if he starts getting listless or anything to take him to A&E. At the minute he's acting like his usual self.

I think OH and my mam think Im over reacting but something about it just doesnt seem right.

I wouldn't mess about and would take him to A&E, just to put all your minds at rest xx

try nhs24 they will advise you.

has he been itching it and that has brough blood to the surface? that can often cause a rash.

Hope it is just a false alarm :hug:

I dont want anyone thinking Im just sitting here wasting time rather than taking him to be seen but my mam and dad and OH all say he's probably just stung himself on nettles or summit.

He hasnt been itching, he didnt even know it was there til I saw it and made a fuss. Its under the skin like tiny bruises, not a surface rash.

I might ring NHS Direct and ask for advice :think:

If I was uncertain with either of my 2 i would certainly call NHS direct.

Don't worry that you're wasting anyones time, it's your lo!

Do what you think is best :hug:

Hope NHS Direct ressured you. Brody had a suspect rash last week. The thread

I rang NHSD but then couldn't wait for an answer, I knew I'd be up all night worrying so took him to A&E anyway.

Just remember there are literally hundreds of rashes caused by viruses, and loads are not serious at all.
You know your child best though, if you are still not happy take him off to A&E.

Rang NHS and they went through a load of questions and they dont think its serious - I was nearly crying with worry!

Still taking him to the doctors tomorrow as the nurse on the phone recommended.

Thanks for your advice and sorry for ranting :oops:

you didn't rant! you just reacted how we all would have done!

Glad your mind has been put at rest, good luck for tomorrow :hug:

This may sound odd but do you think he's been sucking his arm? Is it a love-bite type bruise?

Hope he's ok. You've got a right to worry. :hug:

nicki said:
This may sound odd but do you think he's been sucking his arm? Is it a love-bite type bruise?

Hope he's ok. You've got a right to worry. :hug:

Thats what I thought when I first saw it!!! He might have although it looks slightly different to a lovebite.

Anyway, he's playing up like his usual self so he must be alright :lol:

Oh good, I guess if it was something nasty there would be other symptons?? Let us know what the doc says. (we took Jamie to the docs the other day for nappy rash :oops: felt like a right tw*t afterwards!!! :lol: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back