Rasberry leaf tea/tablets????

sarah2807

Reaction score
I keep reading about people drinking this or taking the tablets.
Is it recommended for easier childbirth or bringing on labour?
I'm confused. :?

I keep thinking I should probably buy some as it seems really popular. Can anyone fill me in on...the main benefits, the best thing to do (tablet or tea?) when to start taking it, where to get it from?

I don't want to miss out on anything that might possibley make things easier!! :cheer:

Meant to help ease the second stage of actual delivery. Not bring labour on at all. And also aids healing afterwards if you carry on drinking the tea etc after baby is born.

I started on tea but tbh, I can't down 4 cups of it a day and the tablets are meant to be better anyways. So I went over to tablets a few days ago.

Tea from 32 plus weeks, starting one cup a day building up to 4 at 36/37 weeks till birth. Tablets from 36/37 weeks, 4 a day IIRC (someone correct me if thats wrong)

You get tea from healthfood shops etc. I got my tea and tablets from here

http://www.birthease.co.uk/labour_essentials.shtml

They are meant to do something to the cervix to make it riper (?) and more stretchy and encourages an easier labour? I think... :think:

I duno.. PM'd you anyway cos I got loads of spare ones I'm not gonna use, yours if you'd like..!

they tone up ur uterus. i took the pills from 36 or 37 weeks and i was only pushing for less than an hour, despite her being my first baby, a good size and despite me being tiny, so i think they worked!

Hello

I have been taking the tablets from 36 weeks. They are also full of vitamins, iron and minerals and have stopped my restless legs.
I got my tablets from holland and barrett, I think they have been giving me more braxtons hicks mind you
x

I'm taking 3 tablets a day and have been for about a week. Haven't noticed a great difference- more BHs maybe but that could be natural where the pregnancy is progressing :think:

they make my burps smell like teabags though :shock:

Can you take both tea and tablets? I've bought both to start using when the time is right.

L xx

I've got the tea for now, it actually tastes quite nice, but as i get to about 36 weeks i was going to swap to tablets cos i jsut cant imaine me drinking 3 cups of this tea a day when i dont drink tea at all usually.

im drinking 1 cup of tea per day at the moment but think i will swap to tablets soon as like others have said i dont think i could drink 3-4 cups of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back