Rant

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Someone I know is pregnant and just posted on Facebook asking if anyone could drop some fag papers off as she CBA to go to the shop!!!!

This has really annoyed me! She's growing a child!!

I could understand (well I don't agree with it) if she's struggling to give up BUT to publicly declare this on fb and people are commenting saying 'yeah sure pop over' but if it was me I'd be so ashamed I'd be doing it in private and only OH would know.

The fact people are offering them is appalling has this really become accepted behaviour?!!?

I think what's annoyed me the most is that she gave up with her last child.

What is wrong with the world! GRRRR!

*rant over*

I know someone who did this and now wonders why her baby was small and why she's been so ill as a child with very slow growth :wall:

She'd put on fb when she was pregnant that after a long day with her first child that she was going for a coffee and a fag. Urgh.

I know both my sil's smoke and are pregnant! They don't care and it really annoys me,especially as one said 'idont know if I should get hilights in my hair cuz of the fumes' I was like,ehhh ur smoking!!!! But I guess its there business not mine.. Hate it though!!

I don't know how people dare put that sort f status on FB! I'd be too ashamed!

:shock: I know some people really struggle to give up, but come on - at least try!! Xxx

Is the fag papers defo for her pinky? Could maybe be for OH? My OH smokes & normally if i'm at the corner shop for milk & stuff I buy his fags too, I did the same when pregnant & got some funny looks, dont really care tbh.

xxxxxxx

My goddaughters mum was like that and wouldn't listen to anyone. Fair enough she did cut down but was all like she did it with her son and he's fine but he's constantly getting ill. Both her Kids are. She was even shocked that I quit when I found out I was Preg and have only smoked one fag and that was half 2 different days and I felt ill so chucked them both. But then she even told me nt to listen to the doc and hv and not give leo the vitamin d drops till he was one, so she's not really the best of mothers xxx

Is the fag papers defo for her pinky? Could maybe be for OH? My OH smokes & normally if i'm at the corner shop for milk & stuff I buy his fags too, I did the same when pregnant & got some funny looks, dont really care tbh.

xxxxxxx

Yeah I know her OH doesn't smoke

thats sad, i quit the day after i found out and havent touched them since and wouldnt now. my OH still smokes but goes outside etc and i dont mind, hell i still want one quite often but i quit for my baby girl and im not going to start again when i could spend that money on her. i know it can be hard but id be using any excuse to not have one so running out of papers would mean i didnt smoke anything, not i asked other ppl to help me poison my baby

It annoys me too because i gave up with my dd and never started again after so know how hard it is, but I can't understand how some women are too weak willed to do it, there is never going to be a better opportunity or more incentive than when your growing a baby. My oh smokes and i hate it, he goes outside but even so its still horrible, he used to ask me to pick him his cigarettes up when i did the shopping and while I was pregnant, I refused in the end as I felt so ashamed, like people thought they were for me!

I am a smoker, I gave up when found out pregnant, both times without bother, I don't smoke alot (I know even a couple of roll ups a day is bad though) and I don't smoke when I am going to be handling my child and I will not be smoking when my children are old enough to understand about smoking, until then (when not pregnant) I will enjoy my 1 or 2 roll ups of an evening... I really really don't understand a woman that will smoke during pregnancy. I just don't get it at all, it's only 9 months of our lives to give up and, even though I'm not a big smoker, I still find it hard and I do miss it when I'm stressed, but I would never subject my unborn baby to cigarette smoke.

When I was in hospital the other week there were 2 woman going out for regular 'fag breaks' while they were in labour :shock:

I think it is akin to child neglect tbh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back