• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rant about motorway services....

clarey

Reaction score
Grrrrrrr got so cross this weekend due to the total lack of adequate baby facilities in these places. We drove down to Kent and back to visit my family which is at least a 4 hour drive. We stopped at different ones each way to feed and change eva and give her a break from the car seat...well the baby facilites were combined with the disabled loo which was so disgusting in one place i didnt want to put her down in it, despite the cleaner having just been in there, and I wouldnt have fed her in the loo anyway, but there was nowhere private to breastfeed at all! We ended up changing Eva on the backseat in the car and trying to discreetly feed in costa/Starbucks, but these places have such an open plan layout that I felt very exposed and self concious and evas crying as I tried to faf about with my clothes just drew more attention. I was just cringing waiting for someone to ask me to move and not feed in public etc. Luckily that didnt happen but I got sooo annoyed that they can provide a mini video arcade and showers but not find space for a parents room :evil: :evil: :evil:

OK rant over, :lol: but if anyone can recommend a a services that does have decent facilites on the M6 or M1 let me know!
:lol:

Aww hun, i feel so sorry you had such a bad experience. I cannot suggest any good services unfortunately, but I will tell you something, if anyone DARES to ask you to move when you are feeding your baby, you should get your OH to do the manly thing and give them a big KICK.
:twisted: :x

dont let anyone get you down, you are doing a great job, :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

It's now illegal to ask a feeding mother to move so stay put the law's on your side. I point blank refused to feed my son in a toilet (no adult would go and eat their dinner in the toilet!) and really if someone complains about a feeding mother it's them that have to be moved not the mother.

Sorry the services were so bad, so many places seem to be like that though, or inaccessable with a pram or something. It's realy opened my eyes to the plight of the disabled etc with regards facilities/access since having a baby and a pram and all. There are some GREAT places out there for parents but they still seem in a minority to me.

Yeah its opened my eyes too, you dont realise how inaccessible most places are until you have a pram and any more than a couple of shallow steps is an obstacle, not to mention heavy doors and narrow pavements.

lol at getting OH to kick anyone that upset me when feeding - he is a black belt taekwondo so would prob hospitalise them! maybe deservedly :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back