Rant about family smoking!

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
Sorry in advance but I've had a shit day! I've spent the whole day running around being stick in bloody traffic and then I had my holiday injection which I was a little anxious about anyway and the nurse told me my blood pressure is high! Then I went to pick the dog up from my grans (at the usual time) and she was smoking! She put it out straight away but she knew I was due and she hadn't even opened the window. There was that much smoke in the room you could see it! And she knows I'm pregnant. Why couldn't she just wait until I'd been or just opened the window. I am so cross!
And on Saturday my parents in law knew I was going around between 9.30 and 10.30- I arrived at 10.15 and both if them had just had a cig! Again they know I'm pregnant why could they just not wait or open a blooming window. I know it's there house but still is it really that much to ask that in the short space if time that I'm my relatives houses that they refrain from smoking! I never said anything to the parents in law but I did ask my gran to open a window in future when she knows I'm due round. Am I being unreasonable?
Sorry it's such a long rant- bloody relatives!

When I was pregnant with lacey I got told she wasn't growing properly which could've been due to passive smoking!! I lived with OH's grandma at the time and she chained smoked! I told her what I'd been told by the midwife and that her smoking was damaging the babies growth but she shrugged and carried on smoking so I had to move back to my parents. After I gave birth I had problems with the placenta and got told it looked like I smoked 30-40 fags a day!! It was because of OH's grandma! I felt awful but yet again she couldn't take the blame!
You need to speak with your parents in law cos it doesn't just affect you during pregnancy but when your babies born it will affect them if your parents in law still smoke around it!!

When i was pregnant with my first i lived at home with my parents and my mum smoked in the house but as soon as i annouced i was pregnant she started smoking outside, you should talk to them, they might start making more of an effort not to do it in the house.

I don't have his problem but my cousin did she made it very clear to her mum that she would not be able to hold or do anything the baby if she had been smoking. It soon got the message across.

my best mate smokes alot but it her house so i sit under the window with it wide open but she doesnt mind she opens them all up luckily parents etc dont smoke

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back