Random question - hair removal cream?

lea554

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a quick, and random question!

Are hair removal creams still safe to use (like veet)?

I have an own brand at home, used it a few weeks ago, but havent used it since, as not sure if I should be. It doesnt say anything on the packet though.
Guess, coz its quite strong chemicals that dissolve hair, dont want to go using it if it gets into your system, somehow.

Cheers me'dears xx

I think they are safe but you might get a reaction alot easier being pregnant! I used to use bleach to do my tash but since being pregnant, i've been waxing it! I hate waxing but it takes ages to grow back!!

I looked this up recently and it does recommend against using them whilst pregnant, the reasoning is that your skin is alot more sensitive and is more likely to have a reaction. But if your worried about harming bubba then no it doesnt.

I used it and was fine.... but if you have sensitive skin I'd watch out for a reaction x

i use them and everything has been fine, find it easier than struggling with razor or wax at the moment! xx

Oh good I was wondering this, am a bit crap with a razor :lol:

Thanks lea554 for writing this post

I have been wondering the same thing myself i was going to start a thread on it later

I asked a pharmacist about it yesterday and she said the same as the others ladies on here have said its was fine to use just be carful as you might get more of a reaction from it as the skin can be quite sensitive during pregnancy

Thanks ladies, I knew people on here would know!

Im crap with a razor too, so glad I can still use my usual cream and stink the house down!
xx

i used it a few weeks ago.... and burnt my lady bits, and it blistered and bleeded,

mega mega sore for a week, but iv never had a reaction before, so iv decided just to stick to the razor....

good luck!!

x

i used it a few weeks ago.... and burnt my lady bits, and it blistered and bleeded,

mega mega sore for a week, but iv never had a reaction before, so iv decided just to stick to the razor....

good luck!!

x

I did that this morning.. Ouch.

My own stupid fault, I had a reaction to it last time, but thought cause it was only one underarm that reacted, and legs were fine, that it would be ok and it was a fluke.

No such luck, Slapped it on the lady bits and ended up red raw and bleeding..No rash though? Lol weird.

I hate shaving with a razor, It never gets it proper smooth there, and grows back like.. in an hour Lol and i always always get razor rash..Never nicked myself though!

Id say stick to shaving if you get on with it..

Anyone know another brand of cream that is super super sensitive? I already had the veet sensitive.. and do not wanna be Fluffy Foof in labour ward Lol

good luck!!

x

I did that this morning.. Ouch.

My own stupid fault, I had a reaction to it last time, but thought cause it was only one underarm that reacted, and legs were fine, that it would be ok and it was a fluke.

No such luck, Slapped it on the lady bits and ended up red raw and bleeding..No rash though? Lol weird.

I hate shaving with a razor, It never gets it proper smooth there, and grows back like.. in an hour Lol and i always always get razor rash..Never nicked myself though!

Id say stick to shaving if you get on with it..

Anyone know another brand of cream that is super super sensitive? I already had the veet sensitive.. and do not wanna be Fluffy Foof in labour ward Lol

oh no not you as well with the burnt lady bits!! i didnt get a rash either tho, lol flippin tipical, i could of lived with a bit of an itch much more than stubble or burns,

i darnt try any others just incase it happens again, it was too painful, im tempted to try n wax, but not keen on the idea of doing it to myself without being able to see, or paying a salon to do it, but i guess they see fluf all the time... hmm....

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back