random poll...

libs

Reaction score
Just read an article in a magazine about cleaning/germs etc. Told you how often everything in the house should be changed/cleaned.

One of the items was towels - it said you should change them once a week :shock: I may have just discovered why I have sooo much washing compared to others.

I change hand towels once a day and bath towels once a day or maybe..at a push every two days. They dry everywhere and even though its clean...they still touch if you know what I mean :D

Am I really picky?

after each use, except for the hand towel which i wash once aday

after every use.
i hate the thought of using a towel thats already been used :shock:

We've got our own towels so normally use them a couple of times before they get slung in the wash but as we all shower daily they are done every couple of days :)

bath towels i do after every time their used, but hand towels in toilet once a week.

i just love warm clean towels from airing cupboard :D

it depends. a bath towel, if i know its just me thats used it, ill use it a couple of times. if adams used it ill wash it, i dont like using other peoples.

i wash hand towels when they need it, proberly once a week.

I wash them after each use. I am forever washing, 1-2 loads a day

OMG! :shock: :shock:
If I washed the bath towels after every bath/shower I would have to wash five bath towels every day!!!

I wash clothes every day as it is!!!! If I did towels every day the washing machine would be permanently on and I would never get out of the house.

No no no. Once a week tops.........

Bath towels - after each shower/bath
Hand towels - every other day
Face cloths - after each use (bath, shower, face wash in the sink etc)
Tea towels - daily

when i remember if im honest i dont use had towels for some reason couldnt tell you why :think:

me and oh have our own towels so i know where it has been.

willows towels get washed every second use.

FeeFee said:
We've got our own towels so normally use them a couple of times before they get slung in the wash but as we all shower daily they are done every couple of days :)

ditto :D

We each have our own towel, I wash them once every 3/4 days...Libby's I wash after every bath (every 2 days).
Hand towels every 3 days, and tea towels I use a clean one every day :D

paradysso said:
bath towels i do after every time their used, but hand towels in toilet once a week.

You wash them WHERE???

:rotfl:

Tend to stick them in with the weekly wash but if they get unusually rank before then, will change them and put 2 sets in the weekly wash. Don't really think about it lol

Kitchen Tea Towels though, I'm a bit fussy about... the thought of using something dirty to dry the clean newly washed dishes with makes me feel ill... I'm also picky with the sink and draining board - I don't do much cleaning but those are 2 areas I hate to be dirty... if OH does the dishes and puts them on a dirty draining board, I'd have to rewash them before I use them - especially glasses. I don't know why.. I just think it's gross

Just as a matter of interest to all daily towel washers. Do you use your washing machine every time?

For a family of five I struggle to keep my washing down to one full load per day. Sometimes I have to do two loads, but I don't like to as I'm really aware about the environmental impact.

If anybody can give me tips on how to spend less time with the washing machine on I'd be really grateful! Maybe I could use the tips for my new website. :wink:

Yes use the washing machine every time - they just go in with my normal loads. But sometimes if I have quite a few towels I run a full load with no powder, its good for the towels and the machine as it removes washing powder residue from both of them.
I also don't tend to use fabric softener v much anymore. I have a tumble dryer, so everythings soft anyway and even when I line dry I iron everything so it softens. I tend to save fabric softener for knitted/woollen or jersey materials as it does make a difference there and the febreze fabric softener for bedding as the smell really does linger on the fabric :D

Urchin said:
paradysso said:

You wash them WHERE???

:rotfl:

:rotfl: this was what i thought but i think she means the towels from the toilet :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back