Rail Travel - Free Upgrade When Pregnant!

DebbieM

Reaction score
When travelling by train you are entitled to a free 1st class upgrade providing you have proof of pregnancy - for example, your NHS exemption card or your MATB1 form.

As part of "The National Conditions of Rail Travel" pregnant women are allowed to travel in 1st class on a standard rail ticket. :D

How cool is that!

I Travelled From Leeds To South Wales a Few Weeks Ago & Parked My Arse In First Class By Mistake and Happily Stared Reading My Magazines Until a Ticket Man Came Along and Notified Me I Was In First Class. I Said To Him "Oh Sorry, Are There Any Tables I Can Sit At Somewhere Else?" and He Just Told Me Not To Bother Moving & To Stay Where I Was :D I Guess Now I Know Why Lol, Thats Great :)

I did not know that... I paid the exrta £1 for my first class tickets :shakehead: :rotfl:

£1? My God Thats Cheap! My Nan Buys My Tickets So I Can Visit The Family a Few Times a Year

xCarly said:
£1? My God Thats Cheap! My Nan Buys My Tickets So I Can Visit The Family a Few Times a Year

yeah, i buy mine online a week in advance so visit my mum in london in style :lol:

...and I was lucky to even get a space when I was pregnant. I'm annoyed now that the ticket man never told me as I always had exemption ticket on me and I commuted every day :x

Wow times have changed... !!!!! I remember when I was pregnant I was commuting from Farnborough to London several times a week and there were times where there were no seats available and I either had to stand or sit on the floor...

There were several times I just eneded up sitting on the floor because I had been standing for such a long time and my feet began to swell and hardly anyone ever gave their seat up for me...

:x :x :x :x

Squiglet said:
Wow times have changed... !!!!! I remember when I was pregnant I was commuting from Farnborough to London several times a week and there were times where there were no seats available and I either had to stand or sit on the floor...

There were several times I just eneded up sitting on the floor because I had been standing for such a long time and my feet began to swell and hardly anyone ever gave their seat up for me...

:x :x :x :x

This is how my commutes were sometimes. If the platform was particularly busy I would try and ask a guard to help me thru the crowd and make sure I get a seat, but even then there wasn't always a guard around to help, and the looks I got off the other passengers... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back