Quick what shall I do!!!!! **UPDATE**

Cat&Noah

Reaction score
Noah just decided to dive head first of his rocker, and hit his head on the ridge at the bottom of the patio doors. I immediatly picked him to cuddle him, and as I moved him away from me to have a look he had the most inormous lump on his head that has gone blue, and this has appeared within 10 seconds of him doing it. He has settled now and I have tried to apply an ice pack but just pulls away. The lump is huge and its freaked the hell out of me, I dont know if I should call NHS direct of something of it I would just be wasting their time. What do you think I should do??
DSC00169.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

OMG hun, that looks horrid :( I would take him to A & E if I were you, he's obviously banged his head hard for that size lump to appear so quick, best get him checked out, better to be safe than sorry.
Let us know how he is :hug:

ah bless - did he cry straight awayor go quiet?

i think i would ring them and see what they suggest. bett er to be safe hun.

hope he mends soon
xxxxxxxxxx

Because its a lump and not a dent its usually nothing to worry about, its the dent that you have to worry about. Dont let him go to sleep and if your worried I'd do what the girls said and take him to A&E

**huge hugs** :hug: xx

I would take him straight to A&E, you can never be too careful with kids :hug:

Yeah dont let him sleep for at least an hour, keep him active and check his responses. If hes drowsy etc, id at least go to the doctors.
It looks sore, if he wont have ice on it, try a cold wet kitchen roll folded up.
Hope he feels better soon hun xx

straight to A&E

Dior has never had a lump like that, the most she has had is a cut nose and i took her A&E once she had a tiny lump i took her a&e they said they would have to do a xray just incase she cracked any thing.. defo take him just incase :hug:

dont let him sleep either. and maybe a bit of calpol to take away the pain

omg the poor lad! that lump looks awful!
I would definitely take him to A & E just in case.

i was going to say don't worry about it as ewan has cracked his head on the corner of a drawer before and had a lump and a bruise, but on seeing the pic of the lump i would take him to the doctors or a+e thats one hell of a lump. he may have just burst a blood vessel,
Let us know how he is :hug:

UPDATE

Okay I have phoned NHS direct and the doc called me back and made me go though a list of checks, like if he is leaking fluid from the ears, if he is moving all his limbs normally, if i head is to one side, if he is responding to light, vomiting etc. Everything else is fine and he is carrying on playing like nothin has happened. I have been told to manage this from home, if anything changes I have to call again or get him to a doctor, other than that they said letting him sleep is fine, avoid over stimulating him just let him rest, if he develops a head ache in a few hours to ive him calpol, and monitor him for the next 48 hours. When he sleeps I need to rouse him every 2 hours to make sure he is responsive, so I will have to set an alarm durin the niht to get me up to check on him regularly.

Thanks for the advice girls, poor little mite, luckily he seems happy enough, I will be sure to spoil him rotten all day.

awww bless him hun and poor u u must have been so worried hope he is ok hun

Hi Cat, you did the right thing ringing NHS direct just to check (help calm your nerves) my lil sis fell down the garden steps at home straight into a wall (concrete) and had the BIGGEST lump on her head just like Noah's, she didn;t even sob, just soldiered on, my mom had her checked and it really was a case of it looking worse than it was.

I hope he is ok and not too upset babe, I just wanted to let you know that I had seen this before, and my sis was absolutely fine, enjoyed the extra cuddles and attention!

Obviously you'll keep an eye on him, I;m sure he'll be ok, just get him checked if you are worried babes :hug:

Aaron had one like that and he was fine. They're a lot stronger than you think :) Poor little boy

i'm glad you got it sorted cat :)

Chris had a huge lump like this once and i was told a couple of really useful things that i've only had to remember once since...
1. if the bump comes out or the bruise comes out then its usually ok as you can see the damage (not internel)
2. put butter on lumps it takes the swelling down and isnt as uncomfortable for the child as ice (works too!)

hope noahs feeling better now :)

God that looks painfull, I would cry if it was me and Im 25 so he is a brave little boy lol

Get wel soon Noah and glad he is not to bady hurt!

Glad everything is ok..that looks painful.
Give him a big hug from me :hug: :hug:

He is fine now, the swelling went right down in a few hours, and he has just been left with a nasty bruise. I however feel shattered as I had to keep checking on him every couple of hours through the night to make sure he didnt lose conciousness, so I have had about 1 hours sleep!!!

He helped me polish off a chocolate orange this morning, so he isnt feeling to bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back