Quick question on nappies...

Dee83

Reaction score
I'm wanting to stock up on some nappies, I've decided to go for pampers, but am a little unsure as to which size to go for. I think that he's going to be a big baby of at least 8lb. Should i go for

PAMPERS NEW BABY - SIZE 1 - NEWBORN 4 to 11 lbs
or
PAMPERS NEW BABY - SIZE 2 - MINI 6 to 13 lbs.

Do you think it's best to go for the size 2 as, if i buy them in bulk, they will last me for longer? Does the sizing make that much of a difference, i mean is it better for them to be a bit on the big size rather than too small?

Thanks girls. xxx

Hi Dee, I decided to go for pampers size 2 (new baby 3-6kg). I will be 37 weeks this Friday and I don't think that my baby will be less than 3kg when she's born ( even if she will decide to be born earlier the difference in weight can't be that different)...But if she will be smaller she can survive couple of hours with a bigger nappy till I send OH to get smaller ones!!!:) I've spoken to my friend who has a 2yr old and she agreed with me....

I only have a copule of small packs of first sized ones and have then gone for bigger ones for the majority. Good job as it seems this one is a wee porker :oooo:

Thanks for your advice girls. I think i will stock up on the size 2's then, don't think there's any chance of him being under 6lb, but like you say i can always send OH out to get some size 1's if neccessary!

Hey I bought 3 packs of size 1 and 1 pack of size 2 just in case for my LO, he was born at 10lb2oz and the size 2s were huge on him! He wore size 1s until we got fed up with the ones we had leaking all the time so he has size 2s now. They are still a bit baggy on him even at just over 11lbs!

Hope that helps xx

Oh really, well that's good to know, thanks ft90! I will get some size 1's aswell then!

It's always good to have an advice from someone with experience...I think I wil buy 1 pack of size 1 too:) and then will see which one's I need:)))

I'd buy the size 1 at least a few packs. I don't find bigger to necessarily be better because they can leak. Also newborn poo is a bit different (if I remember 10 years ago) so they may be designed differently. Surprising how skinny newborn babies really are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back