quick one for all u working mums

My last day is this Saturday when i will be 30 wks 3 days, i am a horse riding instructor/groom so have a very physical job and cant believe ive lasted this long - im so knacked right now i cant wait to rest!

I'm thinking 37 weeks, so I can make the most of my year off after babyis here. Hope that's not leaving it too late though.

Chopsie said:
I'm self employed, so won't have any official maternity leave as such, but am planning to work part time as soon as I start feeling knackered, and keep working right up until my due date if I feel able to. Once the baby comes, I plan to have 2-3 weeks at home, then gradually return to work. My OH and I will be sharing the childcare equally as we run our business together, so I'm quite lucky in that respect. It also means that if I feel I need longer than a few weeks off, I can do.

In reality, I'll still be working right the way through though, as I'm sure I'll be doing paperwork from home with my newborn beside me, I just won't physically be 'at work'!

OMG Chopsie, it's like talking to myself!!!

I'm self-employed too, running a business with my husband. So same here - I plan to keep working as long as possible, but am telling clients I finish at 37 weeks, but will be dipping in and out and working from home a lot more. That way, any work that I will do will be at my own pace. Then post-birth I would love to have a month or so off, but in reality I'll probably end up doing bits and bobs as soon as I'm able, and share childcare with my husband. It's so hard planning though - it would be so much easier if we knew he or she would come on their due date! It's great to have the flexibility of sharing child care etc, though I must admit to being a tad jealous of employed folk and their paid/part paid maternity leave, as MA is so rubbish! :wink:

I'm working until 35/36 weeks but the way things are looking, my MW will end up signing me off and I'll get suspended on full-pay until my maternity leave starts! :(

I'm outta here at 36 weeks! :dance:

Hubby, all his brothers, all his niece's and nephews and my niece were all born over 10lb :shock: so I'm preparing for a big 'un - if I'm right and it gets that bad I'll be requesting to change my Mat Leave start date.

36 weeks for me but as work pro-rota my leave I have 6.5 days to take before I go which has been allocated 3 for our Babymoon in 2 weeks and 1 for hubbies birthday. That leaves 2.5 days till March 20th!! I have to carry 19.5 days over until I go back in 2010 (and thats a BIG IF!!!)

day before my due date here but should my waters break at work before hand I have a stand by drive me to hospital person available

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back