quick medicine question!

Dee1985

Reaction score
I took Dior to the walk in centre she has been poorly for a while now. she has been crying and pulling at her ears!

i have been giving her medised which is great for helping her sleep and unblocking her nose. but she aint getting any better

at the walk in centre they said she has the start of a cold one side of her glandes(sp) are swelling and she has ear ache! they gave me some
ibuprofen. and told me to use that aswell as her medised!
as the ibuprofen has some thing better in it that medised dont have!
but still told me to combine the both.

but im concerned as i no both medised and ibuprofen are a pian killer so surley i would be over dosing her????

Any one got any advice?
or should i trust the doctor?

Hi hun -. you cant take two two of the same type of pain killer, ie that have the same active ingrediant. MEdised uses paracetamol but Ibruprofen doesnt so i am fairly sure you can combine them and if docs say so then should be fine hun. i think my sister(who's a nurse) combines different types for her lo's.

hope she feels better soon hun :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps she is having cough medicine too. that should be ok?

just check it doesnt have any paracetamol in it - if its tixylix then i dont think it has as i give that to alex with medised (when i can get it down him, he was a total pain about taking anything last week when he had a cold - got more down me and him than we did in his mouth :lol: )

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yep thats the cough medicine im giing her so it should be fine then.

i have to sit on Dior while OH hold her arms down and i have to sqirt it in her mouth :lol:

but we have to be cruel to be kind! eh?

Sounds like us!! i have to get alex in a head lock and he still spits half of it out!

he just grits his teeth when i use the syringe or moves his head and spills it with the spoon :roll:

bless them :angel:

After my knee op I was told to take paracetamol and ibuprofen alternately every 2hrs as they are fine to mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back