Quick advice needed..

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Her last feed from me was about 9pm.. Just had a half hour expressing session with TT electric pump and got just an ounce :( I'll be taking her up to bed soon (advised to give her an extra feed) and I probably won't have much to offer her.. I'm gonna express again hopefully around 2am.. So I can build her up a top up bottle from me for tomo eve.. Every night she dream feeds on me I have to poke her to get her to feed so she may not want much.. It's easier to get a let down with her feeding etc but should I give her some formula instead or just get her to feed herself??

Last edited:
I'd try getting her to go down without the formula. If its not gonna work then give her a bottle,

Have you thought about expressing at same time as she's feeding, it's a bit footery, but I found I def 'flow' more when she's on the boob. Xxx

Just realised ive read that wrong, but id still try to avoid the formula, she'll let you know if shes needing more. Xxx

Try expressing quite often :hug: I did it every 2-3 hours, it really does make a difference, gives your body the signal to start producing more.

Also, I found it's true that expressing is a fragile thing and very dependant on your emotional state, i.e. if you're stressed it can affect it. You need to be relaxed - it might be you were quite tense and didn't express as much as you could have?

My mum came in the room once all panicky, telling me Vincent was ill (he wasn't, she is a huge hypochondriac) and my milk stopped there and then.

Thanks ladies I'll give her a try.. Don't know if I could feed and express talk about multi tasking lol!! I see how it would be better coz when the let down comes one side it comes on the other too.. Just worried if I took from the other side she wouldn't be able to feed from it after.. Maybe I could try that when I'm defo producing more?
I'll see how she goes and if all else fails I'll give her the oz I expressed, if she wants more ill have to go withthe formula :( she should just sleep thru it.. She doesn't wake when I change her bum or put her in her sleeping bag!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
She done what I knew She would lol, struggled to stay awake so I gave in and put her down lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back