question?

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

Had no idea where to post this

Well my friends is preg and thought she was about 6 weeks, just got her blood test results today and they asked her if she was sure her dates were right.
They said she was def preg but at 6 weeks was suppost to have a count of over 1000 and only had a hundred and somthing.
Do you know what that means i have no idea what to tell her all they told her was they are doing another test and will get the results again on fri.
Isnt it bad if its that low or is it ok? she had positive on her preg tests too so she must not be that far behind?
thankx Katrina

It's very possible that she just ovulated later than usual, and is only at 4 weeks or so. Stress, illness, traveling and other factors are known to delay ovulation, which means that the typical "count 2 weeks from the first day of your last period" just doesn't work.

They'll know more when they do scan. :)

Hi

Thanks she phoned me last night and she was crying, goes to show you the docs dont explain things proper if she came home scared.
I will tell her not to worry and hopefully everything is fine on friday.
Thanks again. xxxx Katrina

If I am honest when they said that to me I was holding an ectopic pregnancy! Of course I wouldn't tell her that because it may not be the case. Plus my story wasn't 'quite' as simple as that.

Sorry don't wish for you to have bad thoughts just replying with my experience - I was asked exactly the same.

Fingers firmly crossed for your friend. Let us know if she is ok :D

Hi

will do wobbles def will not say that dont wanna break her heart if its not.
Katrina

HCG can take a while to build up - I was recently told by the hospital that it has to go below 25 to be confirmed as a miscarriage. Don't worry yet, there's plenty of time for your friend's levels to change.

Can you or someone else go with her to the doctors on Friday? That way, if the doctor doesn't explain something properly then at least she will have someone there who can ask questions with her.

These appointments can be nerve-wracking at the best of times. As you say, she definitely shouldn't have to come away from the docs feeling scared, ill-informed and wondering what's going on :(

Hi

Well she went back to the doc for her other blood results and everythng is okay! She phoned me thursday night saying she doesnt feel pregnant no more and scared of having a miscarriage and is real nervous to go to the doctor and i told her not to worry and that it will be all right and no matter what time it is if she need to talk to phone me.

It turned out she was earlier then she thought only 5 weeks instead of almost 7 so shes real happy now and way more relaxed about it.
Im so excited for her as shes my only friends whos having a baby so i know we are gonna grow alot closer as we will understand eachother more :D

Thanks for all your advice i just had no clue what was going on.

xx Katrina

I hate giving negative replies ... Sorry if it appeared that way. If the post was about you I'd not of replied but I found myself replying with my experience.

Chuffed for your friend x x x x

Hi

nono wobbles its fine i like to hear everyones replies and experiences thats why i asked it just turned out this way which is great :D
I never even told her what you said anyways as she already was really upset.
Thanks for all your advice again girls.
xxx Katrina

Ohhh didn't think you would & hoped you wouldn't as I said mine wasn't quite as simple as that.

Most can only reply with their experience & one experience can mean 10 different things.

Bet shes relieved all the same bless x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back