Question regarding prams

YazminaBambino

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a question regarding prames for a new born. We're looking a little early as Mothercare have the odd sale reduction. I am a first time mum so aren't really sure what is suitable for a new born. To all those who have previously purchased a pram for their LO or have any in mind could you please inform me? :)

I am very keen on the Quinny Buzz which sells an adaptable carry cot. Is it vital to purcase a carry cot or is it for comfort purposes? Which prams do you ladies have your eyes on? Do you know of any good deals?

Thanks in advance.

X x

I love the quinny but its just so popular I wanted something different but i was thinking the same as you, i wanted the additional carrycot too especially with it being auturm/winter when she is due so I went for the ladybird bubble in pink, ive attached a pic so you can have a look x x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310187978.909830.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310187978.909830.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 3
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310187994.932150.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310187994.932150.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 4
I love the quinny but its just so popular I wanted something different but i was thinking the same as you, i wanted the additional carrycot too especially with it being auturm/winter when she is due so I went for the ladybird bubble in pink, ive attached a pic so you can have a look x x

Oh this is lovely I think a carrycot is better for baby as it will support the spine better, xx

when i had ds i had a silver cross 3d (i think thats what it was) which was lovely but not very good used as a travel system with the car seat felt to long and heavy to push i am quite tempted to get a new pram this time but really unsure what? but i do remember wanting a pushchair that faced me last time! sorry i wasn't much help really was i lol

that looks lovely pinkyprincess at first i thought its a bit expensive but then see its like a moses basket and highchair as well as getting pram/pushchair and carseat so quite a good deal really altho don't think i can get away with that as i still have most things from ds lol

I've gone for the Obaby zezu with the car seat. The seat i think will only be suitable for the first 9 ish months but the pram changes from a flat traditional pram for when he's small to more of a pushchair when he'd bigger. I'm hoping it will last till he's about 2-3 (depending on how big he grow).

I went for the mamas and papas pliko pramette in mimi, which is the same colour as pinkyprincess but the slightly smaller version. Orignially I was set on the ultima 9 in 1 travel system, but then I decided I'd rather buy everything separately and have a pram, a car seat (we got the primo viaggio IP in mimi to match), a high chair etc all where they should be instead of having one seat to use for everything. I think that's down to personal choice though. However, the wheels on the ultimo are much better than the pramette, that's my only complaint about what I have, shouldn't be an issue though...

I absolutely love the mimi colour though! I picked it before I knew what team I was because I thought it was good for boy or girl (it didn't come with the red flower shown in some pics) and now I have it, I know my little boy will look so cute in it!

Hope you find one you love! Xx

I chose the mimi as it was the only girly thing I'd have being a boy, which is probably half the reason why OH doesn't mind buying me it! We have also got housing difficulties at the moment and live in a studio flat and may end up still here for a while after baby's born so an all in one was vital for us.

Totally different but we've gone for the urban jungle mountain buggy in black with the carry cot for when it's new born. http://mountainbuggy.com/en/buggies/our-range#_single_buggies
They do a more town friendly one which is the swift. The jungle will suit us as we walk and camp a lot, can't wait for it to come! They look really well made when we looked at them so hopefully will last!

Pinkyprincess the mimi colour just ticks all the boxes when it comes to being unisex doesn't it? The polka dots make it cute for us, the dark colour makes it masculine enough for OH to push, and lovely for a baby boy or a baby girl!

Can totally understand why you've gone for the 9 in 1, its such a good idea, especially if you need more of a space saving situation! For me, I'm too lazy to change things about, so that's why I went for all the different elements. Think OH is getting a shock now he sees how much all the individual things cost!

Xx

I had the namaste and papas pram in lemonchello but this was like 10 years ago it had separate carrycot and pushchair it was lovely with Chrome chassis bet u can't even get it now lol x

We are going for the mothercare curv travel system. Suitable from birth and is a stroller too.
img

Totally different but we've gone for the urban jungle mountain buggy in black with the carry cot for when it's new born. http://mountainbuggy.com/en/buggies/our-range#_single_buggies
They do a more town friendly one which is the swift. The jungle will suit us as we walk and camp a lot, can't wait for it to come! They look really well made when we looked at them so hopefully will last!

Oooo I like the look of this. However I'm totally confused by buggies and the different choices.

I agree with M2A the quinny and mamas & papas are so popular I want something a bit different - even the riff-raff in Glasgow have the fanciest buggies you can imagine (duno how they manage it)

I prefer a buggy with bigger wheels, as I do alot of walking. Thats why I love Graco we had a travel system with my little girl and it lasted from birth til when she stopped needing a buggy (age 2 1/2), and the wheels were still perfect. We're getting another travel system (not decided what one yet)

On that note - I saw travel systems priced at £200 in toys r us, including car seat and cosy toes - moses basket and high chair can be bought individually for around £60 each so the buggy's that come with those things are not really better cost wise.

Remember - baby will only be in the buggy/pram for around 2/3 years - and that time will fly in!

:)

Attachments

• 8610723559133568.jpg
    8610723559133568.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 8610723559451200.jpg
    8610723559451200.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 8610723559760736.jpg
    8610723559760736.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 8610723764794416.jpg
    8610723764794416.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Oooo I like the look of this. However I'm totally confused by buggies and the different choices.

I know, I did loads of research, we knew we needed an outdoorsy pram/buggy so narrowed it down quite a bit, I rarely go round shops except food shopping and walk the dog on the beach a lot so kind of suits us. Plus its great for the massive height difference between me and hubby, hes 6ft 5! They do a few colour options, red, green, brown, navy and black i think. Colour is just a personal choice, I would only ever pick black, would never suit me otherwise, I'm still a tomboy really so would hate a girly pram! Plus could you imagine how filthy it would get walking a wet, muddy, bouncy boxer dog lol!

I know, I did loads of research, we knew we needed an outdoorsy pram/buggy so narrowed it down quite a bit, I rarely go round shops except food shopping and walk the dog on the beach a lot so kind of suits us. Plus its great for the massive height difference between me and hubby, hes 6ft 5! They do a few colour options, red, green, brown, navy and black i think. Colour is just a personal choice, I would only ever pick black, would never suit me otherwise, I'm still a tomboy really so would hate a girly pram! Plus could you imagine how filthy it would get walking a wet, muddy, bouncy boxer dog lol!

I'd like to think that'd I'd get out more for walks in the park with the baby. However I'm not exactly an all action hero now so we'll have to see :D

I never thought about the height difference :shock:. DH is 6ft and I am 5ft 3 so we'd need something to suit us both.

Most prams have adjustable handles but it's def something to bear in mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back