Question for those WAHMs with websites....

clarey

Reaction score
Can you recommend a website design service or very easy to use template for setting up my own? I am going to try and work from home running a garden design service and need a site to show my portfolio and fees etc, at the moment only something quite basic, i dont need to sell anything online as such at the moment, but i havent a clue where to start!
thanks in advance x

I use Wordpress. CMS is the way forward. It has its roots in a blog format but can easily be adapted to be used for other things. My hubby did his work website in it and two of my sites are done with it.

I find it really clean and simple to use and adapt. Plus you can do all your updating via your browser so no need for FTP etc.

Drop me a PM if you want the links to the websites so you can take a look.

Have a look at Wordpress and view its pre done styles/templates etc. They range from 2 columns upwards. You can also hack the code to tweak things easily enough.

Cool thanks will have a looky once LO is in bed :D

I use Joomla :) and it has add ons for commerce/shop too so you can have a templated site which you log into and change, or you could have a site with an online shop attached too that does all your ordering and stuff for you. The shop attachment to Joomla is called Virtuemart. I've used it on both www.ilovedaddy.co.uk and www.littleengineers.co.uk , as ideas of their templates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back