question for mums that breastfeed

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
do your babies suffer with colds when you breast feed.

i have stopped breast feeding (had problems when i wasnt well), and liam has had a few dreadful colds.

Braydon has only had two colds in 8 months and he was only breast fed for 10 days so i dont know
touch wood he dont have loads now *touches head*

Unfortunately, a really bad cold was making it's rounds in the town. My daughter got it first and soon after, we were all ill, including Oscar. It came and went and we're all back to our old selves again.

Emilia xx

Ella's had 1 cold so far that coincided with her getting her first tooth. I also don't know whether it was partly my fault as she got quite cold at swimming just before she came down with it :?

Seren hasn't had a cold but I have had 2, one really bad. She did have a blocked nose when she was a baby but my HV said it ewas normal mucus stuff that newborns get?????

matthew was bottlefed from 2 days and has not had any colds he was a bit snufflley a few weeks back but wasnt really a proper cold, think it depends of the strain thats going round

Diors always been bottle fed but has been ill a few times with a cough :roll:

I am still breastfeeding Dom and he has not had one real cold. He has a slight sniffle once but not even what I would call a cold. All the other babies I know that have come off boob and now bottlefed have had colds so I am suprised Dom has been OK.

xx

I'm still breastfeeding Ky and he has had a few colds....So much for my antibodies! - Having said that, I look after a two year old 3 days a week and she goes to nursery for 2 days....I know Ky picks up a lot from the little girl ...She seems to have a cough or a cold or tummy upset every few weeks!

Rachael said:
I'm still breastfeeding Ky and he has had a few colds....So much for my antibodies! - Having said that, I look after a two year old 3 days a week and she goes to nursery for 2 days....I know Ky picks up a lot from the little girl ...She seems to have a cough or a cold or tummy upset every few weeks!

I've heard that the antibodies can help them getting a WORSE cold/bug. I was worried when I got ill and I googled and it said if you get a tummy bug etc the antibodies mean if they get it they don't get it so bad.

Brody has had hardly a snuffle so far, touch wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back