Question for Home Birth Mums

Mrs_Jay

Reaction score
Id really like to have a home birth with this one, but i just had a random question, where in your house/flat did you give birth? bedroom/ living room etc. just curious really :think:

My lounge floor :D Think it was easier than on the bed as there was more room for me to walk around - I also hung over the settees! We covered the floor with duvets and towels (It was rather hurried & unexpected!)

Well first hb on my bed, 2nd on my bed, 3rd was living in a yurt (posh tent)
this one is planned for the pool in the living room.
Never really had a plan but thats where i've ended up.
Hope that helps :D

think im just a bit worried about getting blood on the carpet :oops: :rotfl:
coz there was a bit of a gush at the end last time lol

we were quite protected - also had maternity mats under me that i'd bought in case my waters broke in bed!

I was in my living room in the birthing pool. We were well prepared with old towels and loads of plastic dustsheets. I gave birth in the pool and (apparently as I didn't clean it - OH did!), there was very little mess, apart from gunk (entraily bits!) in the pool. The midwives took away the placenta and goodness knows what else.

Valentine Xxx

bedroom :)

i had the birth pool all set up in the dining room and planned it there, but things didnt turn out that way i was helped upstairs and onto the bed.

Claire&Jack said:
Id really like to have a home birth with this one, but i just had a random question, where in your house/flat did you give birth? bedroom/ living room etc. just curious really :think:
living room on all fours leaning over my settee

Do you have to buy a birthing pool yourself or do they loan you one?

think it would have to be the bedroom becoz we only have a toliet/bathroom upstairs lol. so dont wanna have to go far afterwards

PinkPunch said:
Do you have to buy a birthing pool yourself or do they loan you one?
u hav 2 get ur own one. i borrowed my friend's she got it from here
i just bought a liner for it

I bought a pool from made in water, but I gave birth on the floor because Alex was born before 37 weeks (which they'd only let me have a water birth after).

I was on my living room floor and petrified of getting blood on the carpet as it was only a couple of weeks old. However not a drop was spilt on the carpet at that point, nor when I waddled upstairs for a bath afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back