QUESTION FOR DIONNE

hayley

Reaction score
You had both your babies at 35 weeks... can i ask if you did anything to help your pregnancy progress? i'm at the 35 week stage and would love my baby out in a week or 2... i remeber you saying you was really active and did loads the day you went into labour with your son... do you think that is what made your labout start? i've started taking my rasberry leaf tablets this week.. i've been keeping active! the baby is in the right position now... do you suggest anything else?

x

if babs is in the right position why do they still have to do the c section?

cas xx

hayley said:
You had both your babies at 35 weeks... can i ask if you did anything to help your pregnancy progress? i'm at the 35 week stage and would love my baby out in a week or 2... i remeber you saying you was really active and did loads the day you went into labour with your son... do you think that is what made your labout start? i've started taking my rasberry leaf tablets this week.. i've been keeping active! the baby is in the right position now... do you suggest anything else?

x

babies will come out when they are ready. Nothing we do is proved to actually set off labour. A baby prodices a hormone to start labour when its ready to come out.
Why do you want your babies early?

I'm not having a c section. Would hate to have a c section... glad mine turned...

I'd love the baby out in a week or two for the same reasons as everyone else... just fed up being pregnant now! sounds selfish but i'm sure if the baby is born 2 or 3 weeks early it wont do any harm.. I'm sufering like everyone else from swollen ankles, etc... i've also got carpel tunnel which is agony on my hands.. been to see doc again but he doesn't want to do anything so close to my due date - so just got to grin and bear it... i'm have very restricted movement with my fingers.. it's okay to type! for short times.. bending my fingers is agony in the mornings..

x

I think Dionne had her babies early because they were a good size and she was so little!

She's mentioned before how they would have been 9 pounders full term, and has posted pics of one of the most impressive bumps I've ever seen!

I've got it into my head I'm going early, but we never know! :)

Try all the tips but try not to be too despondant if you're still fat and uncomfortable at 40+! :shock:

hayley said:
I'm not having a c section. Would hate to have a c section... glad mine turned...

I'd love the baby out in a week or two for the same reasons as everyone else... just fed up being pregnant now! sounds selfish but i'm sure if the baby is born 2 or 3 weeks early it wont do any harm.. I'm sufering like everyone else from swollen ankles, etc... i've also got carpel tunnel which is agony on my hands.. been to see doc again but he doesn't want to do anything so close to my due date - so just got to grin and bear it... i'm have very restricted movement with my fingers.. it's okay to type! for short times.. bending my fingers is agony in the mornings..

x
if you are really fed up mention it to your midwife and if she thinks you are really suffering then she will refer you to be assessed and possibly induced early.
hope you are ok. chin up.

cassi said:
if babs is in the right position why do they still have to do the c section?

cas xx

cassi, i think you might be thinking of hayley 17 in Germany, she got a date for her section. :D

Hayley, its so natural at your part of the pg to want to the baby to come out in the next few weeks but baby will come out when its ready. At 35 weeks the prospect of being so large and imobile for another month or so is daunting but it will pass and baby will be here before you know it. Ive got another 7 weeks to go and each day seems like an age but like you, baby will be here soon enough

oh Hayley! you are funny, only 5 weeks left hun!

Have you tried fresh pineapple, curry, being active and SEX! Apparantly sperm has something in it to start the cervic off!

I suggest watching the football this afternoon and getting excited and jump around when they score (if they do!), eat a HOT curry while watching it, the loads of sex tonight! DH might not be too happy about you eatting a curry then wanting sex but never mind!! haha xxxx

Hi hun, with Dior i done nothing i was sitting on my fat ass all day lol then waters broke.

but with Harley i was told i would more then likely have him early as i was so big. but i was getting fed up so once i reached 35weeks i started trying to get things going. i got pineapple but didnt no it had to be fresh lol i got it tinned but i ate it then had a long fast walk all round the park, i came home.. had sex, its so uncomfy when your so big but bending over was ok lol

then that night i went to the fair and went on the ghost train scared myself sh*tless lol then scrubbed my house top to bottom then it all started.

i do believe that me being so active helped though

good luck hunni x

im sure tht if i spoke to my consultant about how uncomfy i was she would have started me off early, as when she seen me she asked how i had lastest so long and it must be hard then once she seen i was carrying to much water she said to me if it gets unbareable then we could disscus the matter futher

I had mine at 35 weeks and I have to say I would much rather he'd stayed in a bit longer to avoid the problems he had with his feeding.

I didn't do anything to try and get labour going, it was just natures way.

Have you finished work yet?

I know these last few weeks are difficult for most women but try and let nature do it's own thing. He/she will be here before you know it.

Bagpuss, you need to change your ticker! It says baby is still on way?! :think:

I see nothing wrong with wishing the baby to come out from 37 weeks onwards as it is considered full-term. I know I was as I was in a lot of pain, and Kai ended up coming 5 days overdue.

The chances of the 1st baby coming early are low anyways, you are more likely to be overdue than anything.

I had Nathan 5 weeks early and did nothing all day. Me waters just went and thats it. I did nothing to help it along.

Rachel xx

thanks ladies..

just me being fed up... i'm having a shitty day... can't put it down to anything! woke up okay! just fed up of being pregnant! can't bend over... jeans are digging in underneith.. (in fact all cloths feel horrible now) fet sore hands killing me, can't blow my hair because of bloody hands... got a problem in work to deal with tomorrow... and basically i'm being a moaner... even chocolate isn't helping...

i supose baby will come when it's good and ready... god i need a glass of wine - i need a bottle of wine... thats the real reason i want the baby out... just joking.

x

hayley said:
thanks ladies..

just me being fed up... i'm having a sh*tty day... can't put it down to anything! woke up okay! just fed up of being pregnant! can't bend over... jeans are digging in underneith.. (in fact all cloths feel horrible now) god i need a glass of wine -
x
I soooo can relate to that. I dont even pick toys up after my daughter now, it a major effort. I have ditched my under bump jeans, the are a pain in as and if there was wine in the house I would have 1 glass and enjoy it.

Aww bless you Hayley, you do sound fed up. I've got an 'ickle suggestion to make you a bit more comfie though. I wore underbump jeans for a couple of hours yesterday, then started feeling really bad. I was red-hot, felt sick, had pains, couldn't get comfie, had really bad backache, and felt dizzy. I went and got changed into some light linen trousers and vest, and within 5 minutes, I felt better. Then I realised that the linen trousers were over the bump. They are sooo much more comfortable when we get to this stage.

If you have a H & M near you, get yourself down there. They do some fantastic 100% linen over bump trousers in about 4 different colours, and they ate only £20 a pair.

Retail therapy is better than chocolate!!! :lol:

37 weeks is classed full term and baby will be fine but dont wish your babies out any earlier i would have given my right arm for abi to have stayed another 2 weeks, a prem baby is not an easy thing to deal with it broke my heart leaving the hospital everday without her and watching her being pricked with needles and tubes up her nose it was horrendous i know you're uncomfortable but the end is in sight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back