Question about the pill

maldives

Reaction score
As obviously all of you are ttc. I am not atm but I thought my question will be most suitable to be posted here.
I am taking the pill for the first time and it messed me up. I have Pregnancy symptoms but am not pregnant. I take Yasmin btw.
I started 3 days ago. I was taking micronor before. Both have messed up alot with my system. and now I have made a big decision not to take the pills and don't care if i fell pregnant again.
can i stop the pills straight away or do i have to complete the 21 day course?

I took Yasmin for 3 days (due to a clinic mix up! idiots!) and it was vile. I had awful stomach cramps. I stopped taking it as like i mentioned to the clinic i am TTC not trying to prevent!!! I had awful AF pains and the worst AF 2 days later imaginable. I dont know what to advise for the best for your body but im sure some of the other girls will know. Initially i was told to complete the course of 21 days but i dont know what difference it might make and i dont want to advise you wrongly! Good luck :hug:

I had pregnancy symptoms when I was on the microgynon ED pill so I stopped taking it...diddn't think it was too healthy to be feeling like that when your not.

If you want to ttc or whatever happens happens then id stop taking it and wait for a period. You will probably have a bleed after stopping it but thats not a true period (so i have learned) and you should wait until you get a true period.

Thankx girls for the quick reply. still not sure what to do :?

Ask doc, just call and ask reception they will check for you. It would be interesting to ask why you have to complete the course if you do have to... there might be a good reason for it though. Let us know, any concrete knowledge is good to know so we can advise others on here. :hug:

Yeah best getting medical advice...but it might just say in your directions and information leaflet that it's advised to carry on until it's over, so you don't have to but thats what they reccommend.

Personally I think its always better to finish the course for the full 21 days, as then your body is likely to have a pill related AF, and then you are back to normal and off the pill, stopping half way through can just mess up your body even more - buts thats only my opinion.

I was on Yasmin before TTC, and found it better than some others (although I was on the Pill for 18 years so probably forgot what "normal" felt like).

I was on Yasmin for around six years after having my youngest and when we decided to TTC again I just stopped taking it mid pack. And my cycles carried on as normal. I may have just been lucky though :D

I agree with Jade89, id follow it on to the end of the pack, just so your body doesnt go a bit crazy and you can have a 'false' period (end of pill bleed) then your true period. It make just make it a bit simpler for you to follow whats going on.

But id definately check with your GP before you do anything, just to be on the safe side!

When I've stopped previously, it hasn't always been at the end of the cycle. The cycle is a false one anyway, not anything your body is in control of so it has to readjust and start from new whatever point you take your last pill.

Jaidy said:
I agree with Jade89, id follow it on to the end of the pack, just so your body doesnt go a bit crazy and you can have a 'false' period (end of pill bleed) then your true period. It make just make it a bit simpler for you to follow whats going on.

But id definately check with your GP before you do anything, just to be on the safe side!

either way you will get a withdrawal bleed weather you stop taking it mid way or til the end i stopped about 2 weeks into my packet and had a bleed on 11th august for 5 days.

Jade89 said:
I had pregnancy symptoms when I was on the microgynon ED pill so I stopped taking it...diddn't think it was too healthy to be feeling like that when your not.

If you want to ttc or whatever happens happens then id stop taking it and wait for a period. You will probably have a bleed after stopping it but thats not a true period (so i have learned) and you should wait until you get a true period.

im on microgynon and i feel so sick all of the time, im going to go back and see if they can put me on something else

When I've stopped previously, it hasn't always been at the end of the cycle. The cycle is a false one anyway, not anything your body is in control of so it has to readjust and start from new whatever point you take your last pill.

Jaidy said:

either way you will get a withdrawal bleed weather you stop taking it mid way or til the end i stopped about 2 weeks into my packet and had a bleed on 11th august for 5 days.

Jade89 said:

im on microgynon and i feel so sick all of the time, im going to go back and see if they can put me on something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back