question about p/t working... (bit random)

leckershell

Reaction score
This is a bit random but I've just had my flexible working request accepted - 3 days a week, 8am-4pm.

Which 3 days are the best to work?

Bearing in mind weekend breaks away, I'd be best having Monday and Friday off so I wouldn't use up any holidays. Bearing in mind bank holidays, I would get paid to work less days if I picked to work a Monday.

Anyone any suggestions or are they all just as good as each other..? If you work p/t why did you pick the days you did?

If I could choose I think I'd pick Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! :D

check out how your employers would calculate you annual leave entitlement and also bank holiday entitlement, where I used to work part timers who didnt work a 5 day week had their leave entitlement in hours and if a bank holiday fell on their 'working' days then it was automatically decucted from the bank holiday entitlement so people who worked Mondays usually ended up 'owing' leave and this was taken from the annual leave entitlement, does that make sense????? :?

tuck said:
check out how your employers would calculate you annual leave entitlement and also bank holiday entitlement, where I used to work part timers who didnt work a 5 day week had their leave entitlement in hours and if a bank holiday fell on their 'working' days then it was automatically decucted from the bank holiday entitlement so people who worked Mondays usually ended up 'owing' leave and this was taken from the annual leave entitlement, does that make sense????? :?

Not that I need to but I dont get that 1 bit :think:

I do Mon/Tue/Thu which is perfect.

i still get a longish weekend, get paid all B/H, and I never have to work more than two days before I'm off again! The mid-week Wednesday house catch-up is essential! :lol:

Im going back to work in Feb. Just Monday and Thursday but they are ten hour shifts. :(
Dont think it makes a difference what day you work........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back