Question about Braxton hicks

little*red

Reaction score
hey ladies,
for all those who have experienced braxton hicks during their pregnancy, at how many weeks did they start? and does everyone get them?
I just wanted to know how early or late they can start as i havent experinced them yet, but its still early days as im just coming up for 24weeks.
:D

i didnt get any with Adele but with Colby i thought i was in labour a few times with them :oops: think they started for me about 26 weeks so you can imagine how often i was at the hospital in a panic :oops: :lol:

I have had mild ones at 23 wks and 24wks and 25wks. Don't think I've had any since then though.

i first started gettin them when i went clubbin for OHs bday lol

think it was the bass on the dancefloor that set them off, i thought i was in labour!! that was about a mth before I popped?

I had BH at about 22wks- quite mild tightening feeling though. I get them about once a week now and they are more obvious but not painful. I have noticed I get them more after sex :oops: hubby could actually feel my bump go really hard when we were cuddled up after, it freaked him out :lol: :lol:

My bump goes hard, but isnt painful! Dont know if these are braxton hicks or not really?? :think:

That is what i get, mine goes hard but not painful, although a little uncomfortable. Wasn't sure if that was Braxton Hicks or not?

Becky101 said:
That is what i get, mine goes hard but not painful, although a little uncomfortable. Wasn't sure if that was Braxton Hicks or not?

Hopefully some one can answer this for us hun! :D

Yeah the hardening is BH girls, mine used to go like concrete!! After a week or so of having them with no pain, a month before my due date i had them start getting painful twinges. They were so tight they thought i was in early labour at 30 weeks hooked up to the contraction monitor! I was constantly on my stopwatch on my phone worried i was in labour! Luckily my waters broke at 6:30am 5 days early so that was my sign of labour! :D Mind you i was on the loo for half hour, used a whole roll of loo roll AND blocked OHs nans toilet before i even considered my waters breaking! :shock: :oops: It was a trickle not a gush! (u either get one or the other lol) I just thought i drank too much in the night! :lol: :oops:

little*red said:
hey ladies,
for all those who have experienced braxton hicks during their pregnancy, at how many weeks did they start? and does everyone get them?
I just wanted to know how early or late they can start as i havent experinced them yet, but its still early days as im just coming up for 24weeks.
:D

not everyone get em.. dont worry!!

im still BH free

I get tightening at top of my bump, its uncomfy but not painful, also get a stitch like sensation often, which isnt nice but bearable.

I am such a baby, God help me in labour!! :rotfl:

i'm like jaidy my bump goes hard and really tense for a few minutes then slackens off, i had this from about 24 weeks and was told it was braxton hicks but they are not painful.

Hello ladies. Im new and this is my first post :).

I experienced my first pains last week, after we got jiggy.
I wasn't sure what it was at first, and it was a bit scary!
It lasted about 3 mins, then went away, but my belly really hardened as well, very strange. i
I looked it up in a book, and thats when i realised it was called Braxton Hicks.

Im 27 weeks on thurs. :)

I had quite a few yesterday (at least four). They were different to the others (mentioned above) as i actually felt my bump go hard this time instead of just the period type feeling.

I can't remember when i started getting them but it was a while ago. My bump goes really hard and changes shape and just latley i have been getting like period pains with them. There a bit uncomfatable but not painful.

Never had them with DD and dont think I have with this one yet either as Ive not felt any tightening or anything just stitches which is the uterus

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back