Putting baby down

aliciabubba

Reaction score
Need some advice.. Basically ralph will come off boob when he wants and nearly all the time his asleep but when I want to put him down in the Moses basket he wakes up... Stirs a bit then starts to cry like his hungry again. Is there a way I can put him down without waking him?? Xx

Have you tried swaddling? X

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Aah wrote a reply then lost it.

Ralph probably isn't asleep properly
When you put him down and that's why he wakes up.

With Harry I needed to either hold him til I knew him was in a deep sleep (if you pick up an arm an it drops down heavily like a dead weight then he's in a deep sleep)

Or I sometimes feed with a blanket either wrapped round Harry or at least between his tummy and my front so that when he got out down he couldn't sense the change in temperature as he got moved away from my body xx

is the basket mattress cold?

he doesn't like swaddling at all. But I'll try the blanket idea...so he doesn't sense change in temp. ThNks girls x

I usually make sure L is wrapped in a blanket, especially the bits that would normally touch my skin. Then I put him down for naps on the seat I was sitting in so everything's warm, if I put him down somewhere cold he'll wake up. That being said there was nothing I could do for my older son he'd always wake up the minute I put him down it was infuriating.

Last edited:
you can put a hot water bottle in the basket to warm it up before putting him down so the cold dosent wake him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back