Pushy and proud junk food mums

i agree that as the odd treat outing its fine. i know a lot of kids that get deprived of things completely cos of mum fostering and they go ott when they get the ability to get it themselves so i think that if nothing is completely off limits and just an odd treat its better as it dosent give the thing a big stigma about it being naughty or forbidden as rebellious teens use those things badly lol

I'd rather until he's old enough to understand why it's not something that's eaten every day not when he eats everything put in front of him

Its in the 30 minute meals book, i was shocked because he is campaigning for healthy eating in school etc all the time you would think he would check the calories, apprently he is listed as one of the worse for fatty food :S

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...andwich-Chef-blasted-heart-attack-recipe.html

BevG - Yeh thats what i ment you dont want them going totally the other way when they start going out on there own
x

lol @ jamie oliver for that one. obviously i dont see the point in taking a baby to maccys and buying them food, i want my LO to love fresh fruit and veg as much as i do. cant say i went to maccys as a kid unless there was a party so i imagine id not really have much cause to take my LO in there either.

Interesting! But surely his meals are full if the 'healthy' fats like olive oil unlike mcds which is just crap lol

Everything in moderation, but kids don't have to eat crap and eating well doesn't have to cost the earth either. Some of the more "healthy" options have loads more salt and crap in them than the normal stuff. A lot of the "slimming" cereals might help you get slim but their salt content is through the roof.....at least you'll be skinny when you drop dead from a heart attack I suppose lol

I think it is worse because if you walk into macdonalds and eat a burger you know you are eating shit but if you cook something from a cook book you think is healthy its like been tricked into not knowing what your eating.

I only went there for parties etc when i was old enough to apreciate it was a treat so would probably do the same with my LO i wouldn't take a three year old into macdonalds when they are just as happy eating a good meal.

Is that for one sandwich?
JAMIE'S MEATBALL SANDWICH

Ingredients: Minced beef, mustard, egg, ciabatta, smoked pancetta, Jarlsberg cheese, red cabbage, red onion, mint and lemon.
Calories: 1,182
Fat: 47 grams (of which saturated: 18.5g)
Cholesterol: 185mg
Sodium: 2,352mg

It doesn't state how much of each item is used but that is madness to eat that in one meal - about half your daily calories - very surprised at Jamie

As for McDs - I agree that moderation is the key so kids don't see something as forbidden food but I would also be inclined to tell them what is in the food and let them make their own minds up once they are of an appropriate age - I have read online that some children will simply turn that kind of food down when they are used to fresh produce.

I've just checked my book. Of course it's got more calories than a big mac, it clearly states serves 4-6 people'
Stupid scaremongering reporter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back