What do you suggest pram wise, with a 2 and half yr old??

Jaidy

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about this for while....

When this baby is born at the end of May, my son will be nearly 2 and a half. Im undecided as to whether or not I will need a double pushchair or whether to go for a normal pram and attach a buggy board???

I know the Phil and Teds are a good option, but im really not at all keen on the baby being so close to the groud, and when my baby is born I want people to peer in the pram and coo, not have to stoop down to the floor. They do look good pushchairs though despite that.

Do you think my son will be old enough to go on a buggy board? It will only be when im out on my own, because when im out with mum/hubby we can put Zachary in his Maclaren buggy, so it wont be for long periods of time/distances.

Be interesting to see what you ladies have done in my situation!

Thanks in advance :)

i was thinking about this too jade.

i wasn't thinking i would need a double buggy, luke walks really well and i rarely take the pram now although i do obviously need it if we are walking long distances. my friends lil girl was 3 yrs when her baby was born will ask her what she does i know she is a bit older but im sure she doesn't have a buggy board or a double buggy :think: they will be at that in between stage won't they!

Rusks, also posted this is second trimester, the replies are brilliant, take a look. :D

We debated the double buggy but so glad we didn't get one, though we don't use a buggy much either, if you're out and about a lot I'd maybe think it a very practical investment? Ophelia hasn't been in a buggy yet, she has her sling, and Isaac has a Mutsy Spider, which I must say is a lovely and easy to manouvere buggy with one hand. We thought about the buggy board things too, don't think Isaac in a grumpy mood would stay on one, so that'd be bad news if I was alone with them both, Ophelia in a buggy rather than being worn. There's also the smorph and twoo though; http://www.revelo.co.uk/ I think we'll probably invest in one of those when Ophelia is a lot bigger, as most toddlers cannot walk forever, and also if you're in a hurry, having them sat rather than having to carry them as well, would be much better :hug:

they are cool like little side cars i love it!! :D

I wondered this too when expecting my now 4 month old. My little boy was 2 years 5 months when she was born. I opted for a buggy board with the insight to buy a double if need be but ive never needed it. He loves his board and we use it alot. If we go to say the park he will walk there and jump on the board back. I use if for town either if i dont plan on going for hours but to be honest i go when he is at nursery one morning a week. It has been the right decsion for me as theres no way he'd go in a buggy now. Hope thats any help :D

Id say wait as long as you can into the pregnancy as at 20 weeks i was convinced id need a double but he was walking much better by full term.

What about a sling for baby and pram for toddler? might be easier?

I'd say get a sling :D

There so much easier, Even now Lola's 15 months she's hardley ever been in a pushchair.

I normally let her walk now until she get's tired then she goes in the sling :D

Thanks so much for the replies ladies....ive decided im definately not going for the double buggy option and am going to invest in a buggy board and sling instead.

Can anyone suggest a good sling? Its needs to be easy to put on....im rubbish with things like that! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back