Pushchair/stroller reviews wanted

Flame

Reaction score
I am looking for a stroller as the silver cross i am using is getting incredibly heavy with the boy in, it was heavy before but now its awkward.

So i am looking at the cosatto Diablo stroller
http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 8&mcb=core

Or

Graco Expedition 3 wheeler
http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 8&mcb=core
Although not a fan of three wheelers i do like the big wheels on it.

Does anyone have one of the above that can tell me a bit about them as they dont have them instore so i cant check them out for myself.

Thanks
:D

I personally haven't seen or used either but The Cosatto Diablo is a Which? magazine best buy:

The Cosatto Dioblo is an attractive and stylish Best Buy pushchair, which pulls off the mean feet of offering space and storage, while still being easy to fold, carry and transport.

The backrest reclines far enough for it to be particularly good for newborns and it has an adjustable calf support to keep their little legs comfortable as they grow. You can also keep an eye on your baby through the viewing window in the hood. It provides excellent storage space under the seat and in the additional storage pockets on the back.

It is easy to lower the backrest, you just press down on the lever and slide into one of the guide positions. The angled handles are particularly comfortable but perhaps too close together for larger carers. It's easy to manoeuvre but the brake levers can catch on stairs, which combined with its size make it best to carry rather than wheel down stairs.

It weighs a fairly average 7.5 kg and measures 39x24x107 cm (100 litres) so although it fits into a VW Golf boot it does not leave that much space for other items.

The pushchair is very easy to assemble initially; you just push the wheels into the frame. The frame can move slightly as you turn the pushchair which could give the impression that it is not solid enough, but it passed the relevant British Standards for safety, strength and stability.

It is available in an attractive berry, olive green or black colour, with devilishly eye-catching stitched details. The fabric is very easy to clean.

It is supplied with lockable front wheels, a carry handle, removable seat covers, hood, rain cover and foot muff.

Pros: Spacious, stylish, excellent storage

Cons: Brakes levers catch on stairs

The Graco Expedition scored 59% (compared to the diablo's 79%):

The Graco Expedition is a small and lightweight all-terrain pushchair that is light to push along, but the front wheel doesn't castor so it is difficult to turn and manoeuvre and the solid tyres mean a firm ride for your child.

Folding and unfolding require both hands and the backrest has only two positions.

This small and lightweight 3 wheeled all-terrain pushchair is light to push along. The small wheels mean it isn't ideal on rough ground, and the solid tyres and lack of suspension mean quite a firm ride for your child. The front wheel doesn't castor, so it is difficult to turn and manoeuvre.

Folding and unfolding is straightforward. It requires both hands and the release of a safety catch to fold it down. To fold it down as small as possible, you need to remove the front wheel, which is straightforward, it uses a bicycle style quick release lever to free the wheel.

The handle is not adjustable but is covered in foam for extra comfort. The backrest has two positions, and is easy to adjust. But parents commented they would have preferred more positions in between flat and fully upright.

Storage provision on the Graco is good.

Pros: Small and lightweight, light to push along, folding and unfolding is straightforward, good storage

Cons: Firm ride for the child with solid tyres, difficult to turn and manoeuvre, backrest has only two positions

I hope this helps.

Thanks ladies, looks like the diablo then :D i was secretly hoping that one would be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back