Punches or kicks?!

shootingstar22

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to tell the difference. Baby is very active at the moment and I feel
him/her all day. I usually get strong taps near my belly button and lighter taps neary pubic bone. But I still can't work out if babybis punching or kicking.

Also why is it one week I have a bump and then the next week I am flat as anything?x

Sorry can't help u tell what's what,but my kicks r the same,sometimes I'm sure it's a knee or an elbow.
I think bump sizes differ day to day cos of where babys laid and whether it's a bum to front or back iykwim xx

Yeah I think bump size is bound to change, I've had comments like " I didn't know you were pregnant" to wow your huge so think it totally depends on how baby is lying. As for punches- didn't even consider this, I only thought about kicks lol so I dunno!! X

I always think that later on when your bump suddenly pushes out one way,holds it and then releases - it's more likely to be a foot strecthing out as this will have more pressure than a hand, as it has a leg behind it!

I only ask because my mum was saying how she was having an argument with her consultant over another ultrasound. The consultant was saying how she could deliver normally as my brother was not breach and she argued back that she could tell the difference between a punch to her ribs or a kick. After having it out the consultant agreed to do another ultrasound and low and behold he was breach ( just like I was) and they had to book a c-section.

Yeah I'm feeling pretty much the same thing even though i'm only 18 weeks 3 days. had them for about a week or more now getting stronger... :) wasn't sure if it was baby at first since this is my first x hope everything is ok :) x

Yeah - ive now progressed to what i think are taps not constant or anything - was thinking i was going mad - feels very odd lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back