Prolapse ? TMI alert!!

cheryl

Reaction score
Hi
I had my baby just over 4 weeks ago, the birth was fine but part of the placenta was left inside, they managed to get it all after 3 attempts, the last attempt was in theatre, not sure exactly what they use to get it all out but they weren't exactly gentle! (sorry tmi!!)

Now 4 weeks later i have no pain, stitches feel fine so i thought id have a feel about and see what the damage was..

Sorry if this is tmi but things feel a lot different. Its hard to describe but it feels very soft and squishy around the ermmm entrance :oops: and after having a poke about i started bleeding bright red blood, not loads but a bit. Not painful at all though. I wondered if this was just normal after a birth or might it be something else, like a prolapse?
Should I go to the doctors? Ive got my 6 week check in a couple of weeks time so was thinking ill just bring it up then but it is worrying me a bit. Just dont want to go and for them to tell me its just normal for things to feel softer down there after giving birth
I think how things are at the moment having sex might be a bit difficult which is kind of depressing and worrying! :think:

Sorry for rambling a bit! :) If anyone has any advice it would be most appreciated!

I think it's normal. u get all sorts of weired feelings after giving birth down below. especially if it was vaginal and with an empisitomy,
I had a sore feeling whenever i wanted to pee it was in my pelvis or bones i can feel it! now it's all gone. sex was horrible and i don't recommend u try it before at least 6 week.s it will still be a bit sore if u had and epesitomy , otherwise i don't think so.

sounds normal to me- my fanny used to feel so tight and firm inside- like putting ur finger into someone's mouth while they suck on it hard- after the birth it was like putting my finger into someone's mouth who's asleep! :lol:

now it feels like the skin/muscle/tissue/whatever inside is much thinner than before. i can feel a round squidgey bulge on the front wall when my bladder is full and little lumps at the back wall if i need a poop :oops: :puke: :lol:

my mum and my aunt have both had prolapse so i went to get checked by the nurse after i had my baby and all was fine. apparently its very unlikely at my age and after first baby (my mum has had 2 full-term babies, one termination and one 16-week miscarriage so her womb has been thru a lot really)

its worth getting checked tho for peace of mind. :hug:

Thanks both for your replies, its a relief to hear it sounds kind of normal, i guess things aren't going to be exactly as they were! :(

I think ill wait til my 6 week check and bring it up then, and in the meantime do about a zillion pelvic floors and see if it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back