Progesterone!!

leean10

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I have determined, through my doctor that as well as my blood clotting condition my progesterone is low when pregnant!!

Anyone else have the same problems?

I think me!!! I am now taking it till the end of Tri1!! My doc reckons this is why I lost the first 2 little smarties. He told me it helps build up a sticky wall for little smartie to bury into. I am also on kids aspirin too to thin the blood but I am not sure how that would be with you....let me know hun if you have any more q's!! So far it seems to be helping me (fingers crossed!) XXXX

Take care of yourself :hugs:

Well I lost my bean last Tuesday and my symptoms just disappeared as it does when my af arrives.

I looked on Google and found some symptoms of low progesterone and 95% of them I suffer from.

I was on Aspirin and Clexane but that has to be stopped for now until I get pregnant next time. I was hoping that possibly progesterone might help?

How far along are you now? What form do you take it?

Oh, this was my 5th pregnancy and I have no children so I am starting to get desperate for a baby now!! x

Leean I remember you very well - if I remember rightly you have a blood disorder too and this was your 4th? My heart goes out to you hun.:hugs::hugs:

I know that alot of ladies take proges as suppositories but I take them as pills (I dont live in the UK so am wondering if that might have something to do with the form as many ladies have mentioned suppositories). My doc told me to that when we start ttcing then I should take them twice a day starting 14 days after AF started and then take the complete packet (28 pills) and then test. If I get a BFP then to continue, if not then to what till AF arrives and start the process again. It seemed to work as I caught the first time (mind you the other times I did too!) but this time I am 6wks 3 and never felt this pg before! It is defo different!

I think you should ask for blood test, if I remember rightly you should test 21days after AF (I think!) but 21 days is the key number (maybe another lady can help me there!!).:eh:

Sorry this post is long, I just would love to help you hun and hope that next time is THE sticky bean time! XXXXX

I do have a blood clotting disorder but apparently that can be caused by low progesterone production!!

I have now had 5 miscarriages so if I fall pregnant again soon then this will be #6 and it is all I want now more than anything.

I have to wait and find out if I have to speak with my Doctor in London or if my Doctor here can do it all etc.

I would be 6wks 3 today as well :-(

I do have a blood clotting disorder but apparently that can be caused by low progesterone production!!

I have now had 5 miscarriages so if I fall pregnant again soon then this will be #6 and it is all I want now more than anything.

I have to wait and find out if I have to speak with my Doctor in London or if my Doctor here can do it all etc.

I would be 6wks 3 today as well :-(

Oh hun I am sorry, it must feel horrid. I hope you are ok, I am sorry I can only give you a virtual hug.:hugs: I didnt realise it was now the 5th. I hope the doc's are going to seriously look into this now. It is just to unfair that you have to keep going through this. Have they said anything yet?

Hi,

No, my GP is not in until this afternoon, my Gynae isn't in today as it is surgery day and I can't get hold of anyone in London so atm I don't know who I need to speak with.

I just know that I googled low progesterone symptoms and a lot of them I have so I think there lies the problem!!

I am doing ok, no tears since Wednesday last week as I am trying to be upbeat about it. I just keep thinking that next time they will have resolved my problems and things will work out x

I really hope that they can give you this too and it solves the problem! Give yourself some time to get over this and enjoy some time with your OH, be good to yourself! XXXXXX

I am over it now, it happened and there is nothing I can do about it but I can get something done for the future.

I am TTC straight away as I have been given the go ahead by my doctor and so hopefully I will be back in Tri 1 sometime in February with a better outcome :) x

.........and progesterone for the sticky bean!!!! FX for a real quick BFP and a very sticky one at that! :lol:

Well I am hoping that I will ovulate either later this week or next (depending on how my cycles work after my chemical)!!

Low progesterone really makes sense to me now so I am getting on to all the doctors I can to tell them and see if one of them can prescribe it to me!! x

Hi leean,

So sorry about the miscarriages hun, sending you virtual hugs. I have had 2 and have been trying again for quite a while now.
I feel I have low progesterone too as I have almost all symptoms of it, in particular spotting. I have just had my 21 days bloods so we will see. I hope they offer you some help soon and that you can get your sticky bean very soon xx

I am sorry to hear about all your losses. Its devastating.
I was on progesterone for lutheal phase with my son and then continued on until 16 weeks. I had miscarriage before that but i was so desperate that i went private and got progesterone prescription privately. Actual suppositories for 3 months were only £50!
Its worth a try, it definitely wont do any harm.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

What type of clinic did you go to? do you have to have an initial consultation beforehand? i have looked at fertility clinics and their fees are around 200 to be seen (london). I would pay it of course but just wondered how you go about it as I know my doctors will most likely fob me off if my results come back ok or borderline x

my resilts were ok so NHS wasnt interested and they were very slow.
I had initial consultation with the consultant and he said we needed couple more tests and then clomid(my cycles were all over the place) but i fell pg before starting the treatment to went back for progesterone and he prescribed full 3 months supply.
I am in London and yes, consultation is around £200 mark. I went to Hammersmith but doctor also works on Harley street.
I bit the bullet with paying the money but it was worth it.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Thats the same hospital I would be going to. I wonder if they would prescribe it to me! I will see what the results are and go from there I think. My doctors are bad though, they don't want to refer me or listen to me about anything and I am not someone who runs to them every five seconds. its all about funding I guess. x

I went to St Mary's in Paddington!! I called them yesterday about taking progesterone next time I'm pregnant!!

I'm hoping he comes back to me today x

I called them back today and Mr Rai wasn't in the office so I am hoping to hear from them on Monday. I am just going to keep calling until I get an answer from someone.

If I don't and I get a BFP before I get an answer from London then I will just pester my doctor here to give me something!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back