Progesterone Levels at day 21 = 46.2 - What does this mean?

Angela123

Reaction score
I have not spoken to my doctor yet to find out what it means, the nurse who called me said it is normal - what is normal? Could I be pregnant with a level like this?

I saw this on the internet

What are normal progesterone levels?
Progesterone during menstrual cycle

Day 1-14 >1 to 1.5 ng/ml

Day 15-28 2-28 ng/ml

Progesterone during pregnancy

First Trimester 9-47 ng/ml
Second Trimester 17-147 ng/ml
Third Trimester 55-200 ng/ml

Well you definately Oved :cheer: . I think the normal levels are between 10 and 40, higher levels may mean you've released more than one egg. That's what I've read somewhere. When are you gonna test :pray: Good luck :hug:

Well, if I ovulated on Thursday, like I thought, then would I affectively be due 14 days after? I usually have a 31 day cycle, but if I fo by that it would mean I am back to a 28 day cycle. Im not going to test at least for another week.

When I had this tesat the doctor said they liked to see it over 35 at 21 days so sounds like you are on track.
Good luck

Sounds like a good result! Before I went on clomid, my 21 days progesterone was always about 0.6 / 0.7. After I started on clomid, it climbed rapidly. 50 something the first month, then 70 something, then 80 something. Didn't bother having any more bloods done after the 3rd month and we conceived on our last cycle of clomid (the 6th month)

Best of luck!

TWINS? Goodness, right now one baby would be a blessing. My mum is a twin...

Angela123 said:
TWINS? Goodness, right now one baby would be a blessing. My mum is a twin...

oh my u could be then, twins miss a generation so it starts as your mum misses u, should come out with your children or nieces and nephews
im a twin myself but the worst part triplets are due out on my generation lol on my mums side eek lol

Hey,

I had my CD21 test done on Wednesday (been TTC for 16 months) .... but I had it done on CD33 as my cycles are all over the place. I got a + OPK 8 days before the progesterone test but my temps didn't go up like they normally do (very wierd this month!) .. anyways .. my doc rang me last night and said it looks like I haven't ov'd!! Not good! On CD35 now .. and temps have gone up a bit so maybe I have ov'd now?!

Progesterone is the hormone that is responsible for the temp rise ... so I'm just going to wait until I'm sure it's gone up. May well have to wait until next month now though as I'm away for a few days now!

Who knows WHAT is going on now?! He's giving me another blood test form to get another "CD21" test when I think I have ovulated and he said I might have to have 2-3 more tests to see if I am oving at all every month!!

X5OT - how long was it before they put you on Clomid?

Thanks,

Bec said:
Hey,

X5OT - how long was it before they put you on Clomid?

Thanks,

We had been TTC for about a year with no joy, so we went to see a private consultant. Following 2 or 3 day 21 progesterone tests, very irregular cycles, and an ultrasound, I was diagnosed with PCO last June. Our consultant gave us 2 initial options; either start metformin which would regulate my cycles, or start clomid which would regulate my cycles and make me ovulate. We decided on the clomid, and started it last August. There was one month which I missed taking it as I had a laparoscopy to check all was well with tubes etc. I took 50mg for 4 months, and then 100mg for last 2 months. We conceived on the last month of clomid :D

So, short answer is not long at all until they put me on clomid, but then they were 100% certain that the only problem was that I wasn't ovulating. I don't know how it works on the NHS - may take longer before they will try anything?

Well, I will wait at least another 5 days before I test. So far I am 9dpo

Thanks X54OT. AF arrived on Sunday .. so that was a 36 day cycle, but with no ovulation. First month ever I think .... :( I was wondering about PCOS .... but my cycles are roughly 36-40 days now it seems ... and when AF arrives it is short and not very heavy, so I don't think PCOS is my problem. However I definitely didn't ovulate this month .......

I think the doc wants me to have 2-3 more progestrone tests and then hopefully he'll put me on Clomid. But I think you're right, I may have to have an ultrasound etc etc to check my ovaries and then perhaps have that luvely dye flushed through my system to check my tubes 1st! Oh joy!!

I'm seriously thinking about going privately though. NHS have been fine and they are willing to help investigate it all .... but sometimes I have a bit of a 'mare getting appointments!!

Anyway - we are no longer TTC. I'm still going for all the tests, but I'm sick of the not knowing every month. We're not TTC anymore and we'll start again next year. We've got a couple of holidays booked up so I'll just enjoy them over the next few months :)

Thanks for your help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back