• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

probably stupid contractions question

chelsea

Reaction score
im not (as far as im aware!) getting any lol

but when you are having contractions and they mention back pain and period type pain, is the pain constantly there and just gets stronger with each contraction or does it come and go with each contraction so you go from no pain/ache to ache/pain then no pain/ache to pain/ache?

its probably a stupid question im just wondering.

ive had back pain for the past few days like i get with period pain but nothing major, nothing i would think was labour anyway (probably just wishful thinking!) but its been constant (ie not getting better and worse).

To be honest in the last couple of weeks before my waters broke I felt rough and it was pretty much as you've described. So it could be early days but it might go on a while, sorry. :( :hug:

When you're having proper contractions you'll know about it - it feels different for everyone but it was way beyond any period pain I'd ever had. The pains build up and then subside and though you don't feel 100% the pain pretty much disappears between them.

:hug: :hug:

its fine, if it goes on 2 more weeks will be my due date which will be perfect haha, the only thing that ive just read up about and is i guess making me wonder is ive had more discharge (TMI) and its a light brown colour, im not sure whether its normal or not, again i know it could be ages but im just not sure if im looking for signs that maybe soon i will have some relief! lolol

Back pain is very normal in the last stages of pregnancy unfortunately. Symptom spotting can drive you crazy though, so if you can try and just enjoy whatever time is left and make plans (even if you don't end up keeping them! :pray: ) it might keep you a little more sane. :hug:

The last couple of times I've been to the midwife she has said she expects to see baby very soon! Ha ha ha - due date tomorrow and nothing! :wall: My midwife insisted she would be early - I should have asked her to put money on it!!! :doh:

We always have all of my family over on New Year's day for a party so I'm hoping planning that will either take my mind off the nuaghty squatter or be disrupted because she wants to join in! :pray:

No such thing as a stupid question. I had period type pain and back pain, which was constant for a good 8 hours before my waters broke. As the pain was constant I didn't think they were contractions. When I saw the reading on the CTG, which showed peaks etc, I realised that this pain actually was contractions.

my contractions felt like period pain. i had no back pain whatsoever. they felt like "waves" of pain with "peaks" to them- u feel them coming on, and they worsen and then fade to nothing.

trixipaws said:
my contractions felt like period pain. i had no back pain whatsoever. they felt like "waves" of pain with "peaks" to them- u feel them coming on, and they worsen and then fade to nothing.

Ditto to what trixi said

My contractions felt like a mixture of really bad period pains with the strong braxton hicks I had been having. It's everything thrown in together, I can't explain, the belly contracts a bit like braxton hicks (more painful though) but at the same time it feels like really, really bad period pains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back