Contractions?? (real ones)

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
I put a post on here the other day saying that I'm in the early stages of labour and contractions have been stopping and starting. This morning I've had a few cramps in my stomach but mostly in my lower back. It feels like a period pain but in my back if that makes sense? It kind of goes into my hips and sometimes round to my stomach but not always. It lasts about a minute and it does hurt but nothing I can't put up with. Its really hard to describe what it feels like. I had quite a few this morning but now they seem to have gone off again :wall: Although I have a constant discomfort in my stomach, like a dull ache.
Would these have been proper contractions or is it just wishful thinking?

They could have been contractions just that they werent regular enough.
Mine started with the periody type pains, i knew they were proper contractions when they started to increase in intensity and length and came regularly.

charlie84 said:
They could have been contractions just that they werent regular enough.
Mine started with the periody type pains, i knew they were proper contractions when they started to increase in intensity and length and came regularly.
That's what I was going to say!

They're doing SOMETHING, honestly. I know it doesn't feel like it, but they'll be dilating your cervix or moving baby further down. Not long now, I really think something will happen VERY soon with all that is happening to you! xx

Thats what mine started out like but I didn't know what it was as my waters hadn't gone (or I didn't notice them) and I wasn't expecting it :lol:
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back