• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Private Scan not NHS?

laurat

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how you can go about getting an early private scan, how far gone you have to be and how much it would cost? Read something about it on another board but it isnt a U.K one. I would pay within reason to get an earlier scan to hopefully put my mind at rest as my doctor is not entertaining me at all!

I had one with babybond..there are all different types of scans you can get..they do an early one too x

Ive just looked them up. Im really intersted in this niw. Need to discuss with my hubbie but reckon it would be worth it. Did u find it all ok?

Hi Hon :wave: I booked mine through ultrasound-direct.com, they offer scans from as early as 6 weeks, although I have booked mine in for 7. The lady said if by chance you don't see anything on the first scan they will scan you for free the following week. Cost me £99, had to pay £30 deposit and the rest you take on the day, if you cancel before 48hrs before you get a full refund. Hope this helps x x

That is fab! Think Im definetly going to do it. Do u have to tell your dr and would they be funny about it? My dr at the moment is really being a bit annoying as she is not listening to me and very dismissive!

Well I'm only just over 4 weeks so haven't seen my doc yet, sorry to hear yours is being so unsympathetic. I did try ringing my EPU to see if I could get a scan there as I had a MMC in Nov but they said they only offer them if you have pain or bleeding. From what I gather it's quite common for ladies to go for early scans, the lady that I spoke to on the phone at the clinic was lovely and said she understands that it's really difficult to wait 12 weeks. I say if you need to put your mind at rest hon then go for it x x

also meant to say that I wouldn't think you would need to tell your doc - just mention it to your midwife when you see her at your booking in appointment x

Thanks Bella you have been a great help ! Unlike the doc.... I asked her if I could eat Feta cheese as I wasnt sure if it counted as a soft cheese. Her reply was you can eat what you like pregnancy isnt an illness! Now I know that people can be a bit wary but I know for sure there are foods that you are reccommended not to eat when pregnant!!!

Early scan here I come I think!

Arrrgh, all set for booking an early scan, excited and everythibg. Hubby comes home and he vitos is completely. Says no, 12 week scan is for a reason no tempting fate! Im quite miffed!

Wow girls I didn't know you could have a scan privately - I will defo be doing that as we are moving to Oz at around 11 weeks and I'd like to make sure everything is Ok before I tell my family and friends early.

Laura I think we might have the same doctor. I went to see mine on Monday all excited and she basically said you have a one in 4 chance of mc, it's not an illness so just don't smoke, drink or take drugs and keep doing everything else you would usually. I told her I was moving to Oz and she said 'in that case we won't do anything and you'll be a late booker when you get there, find an obstetrician as soon as you arrive.'

Felt like I'd totally wasted me time!!! Off to investigate the two scan companies you recommended - thanks so much xx

sounds like you both could well have the same mean doctor girls!! :mad: At my surgery all you do is tell the receptionist you're pregnant, she then gives you some leaflets about what to expect and puts you in the midwife's book. Midwife then calls you to make your first booking in appointment. Don't have to see a doctor at all. As far as what you can eat, I've looked on several websites and it waries really, I think the main ones to avoid are undercooked or raw meat or fish, shellfish and anything made with raw egg (shop bought mayonaise is fine). Not sure about feta cheese, I know you're not supposed to eat blue-veined cheeses. Oooh good luck in Oz vexcited, what a lovely place to spend your pregnancy! Laura - perhaps try having another chat with your hubby and tell him how worried you are about things x x

Sadly today there is now no need as I got my early scan by default today due to some spotting. What I had really known has come true. There is no longer a baby there! I wish you all luck and I Will go for an early scan if Im fortunate enough to be back on this forum again! Im so angry at my doctor because thats why I wanted the early scan because I just felt there was something wrong!

so sorry to hear this hon......take care if yourself and hope to see you back here soon xxxxx

Oh hon I am so so sorry to hear that :-( how many weeks were you? I had the same thing last November, had a scan at 10 weeks due to spotting and there was no longer a baby there. Take care & please feel free to pm me if you want to chat x x

Nearly 6 weeks. There really was just nothing there. My HCG levels have risen very slightly since Tues so have to go back Sun to get bloods taken to check its not ectopic. Im hoping it isnt. Ive had no pain. If you pregnant now did u try really quickly and how long did you wait?

Hi,
Just read your thread, so sorry that it hasn't worked out this time.
I had a MMC in sept which was horrid so wanted to let my body sort itself first and left it two months before trying but got preg straight away! so now 12 wks on mon!
I got a early scan offered this time because of last time at 8wks which thankfully was fine. So next time maybe try seeing a different doctor and ask for one.
Wish you all the best for the future xxxx

Nearly 6 weeks. There really was just nothing there. My HCG levels have risen very slightly since Tues so have to go back Sun to get bloods taken to check its not ectopic. Im hoping it isnt. Ive had no pain. If you pregnant now did u try really quickly and how long did you wait?

Well that's good news that they've risen hon, I will keep everything crossed for you. I had what they call a "blighted Ovum" There was a sac and placenta but no baby, they think either the baby didn't develop properly in the first place or that it got reabsorbed into the body at a very early stage. My main symptom was loss of brown blood. I had a D&C and then we waited 2 cycles before trying again, started trying just after new year and I fell pregnant in the 2nd cycle. Used OPKs so you know the best time to BD x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back