Question re private doctor and NHS

knopk@

Reaction score
Morning ladies, I am a little bit confused about what to do.

I am going to a private doctor for a scan this week, he is the one that prescribes me progesterone support, NHS doesnt believe in it and wont look at you until ou have had couple of miscarriages.

So obviously I will be paying for progesterone myself, which is not a problem but I am wondering when I should go to NHS and tell them I am pregnant officially?

Not sure officially, but round here they aren't interested until you're 8 weeks and have booking in appointment with midwife but you could viably 'not know' until 10-12 weeks if you wanted to wait a bit longer as they only do a blood test at 8 weeks ish and presumably your private dr will be covering that kind of thing?

i have had 4 miscarrages and i not had a scan through of the nhs i am thinking about going for private scan but i dont know how to go about it or the cost.
thanks
x

Not sure officially, but round here they aren't interested until you're 8 weeks and have booking in appointment with midwife but you could viably 'not know' until 10-12 weeks if you wanted to wait a bit longer as they only do a blood test at 8 weeks ish and presumably your private dr will be covering that kind of thing?
Thats what I mean, I dont want the private doctor to cover the usual tests, obviously i will be paying for a private scan and the doc's appointment, but I just cant afford going to a private doc throughout the whole pregnancy. He is lovely and i really like him, just cant afford it.

I dont know what the guidelines are for NHS, last time I came when I tested positive but they said to come back after 6 weeks.

i have had 4 miscarrages and i not had a scan through of the nhs i am thinking about going for private scan but i dont know how to go about it or the cost.
thanks
x
I got referral though my GP, because NHS werent helpful. First I was referred to an infertility clinic through NHS but OMG I hated every minute of it, and I only got to see the nurse.

I told my husband I am just not going back there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back