Private room after birth?

piglets

Reaction score
I suffer from social anxiety so would prefer if possible to have my own room after giving birth, im in Gloucester and i know they have private rooms but cant seem to find out if you have to pay for them or how much how would i best find out do you think? I dont see the midwife for a while and im stressing myself out a bit so would like to know early so i can not worry about it. Anyone paid for their own room? Even better anyone gave birth in Gloucester Royals new delivery suite and then had a private room? Thanks x

I am in Bristol and we can have Private rooms but have to pay x best ask ur mw

Winchester hospital has private rooms, but you have to pay 60(!) pounds a night! I thought that's a bit excessive.

Apparently in some cases they give you the room for free if you really needed. Talk to your mw when you can - as you have a genuine reason, you might be offered the room for nothing...

Just found out that all the private rooms are basically just first come first serve and you cant book them. I really would like to get one of the LDRP rooms because you get to stay in the same room during and after birth but i guess it will be what it will be. I may ask my doctor about a letter though to see if that makes a difference but i worry that midwifes etc will think in being snotty but im not i do take medicationn for my depression and social anxiety but not everyone takes SA very seriously unfortunately. Im ok with one or two people but the more people around the worse i feel. Hopefully i will be able to just go home after birth but out of 3 births so far ive only gone home once the same day.

I had one, but it was because my son was early and they didn't think it was fair for me to be on a ward with all the other women and their babies when mine was on a separate ward!
XxX

Have you considered a home birth? Esp as an experienced mum it could be an option for you.

I have to be consultant led birth because of my BMI unfortunately also its not something i want really with 4 dogs and 3 very hyper kids at home lol!!!

Guess that's not the most relaxing environment to give birth in!

Def not especially as i have a parrot that i really wouldnt want copying any noises i make lol!!

We paid £150 for however long we needed at Swindon Great Western. Not many people ask for them so it was fine and we were able to have it. Will do the same with this one if needed. Think a letter from your doc is worth a try though xxx

Winchester hospital has private rooms, but you have to pay 60(!) pounds a night! I thought that's a bit excessive.

Apparently in some cases they give you the room for free if you really needed. Talk to your mw when you can - as you have a genuine reason, you might be offered the room for nothing...

Completely off topic but I gave birth in Winchester ao just wanted to say you must be nearby! I'm in chandlers ford x

You can have a LBR or something room. Try and ask them for one of those. Theyve got quite a few private rooms so if when you ring them to say your in labour, or go in for an induction just let them know and Im sure theyll try their best to accomodate. The midwives werent fantastic when I was there but Ive heard nothing but good things since they opened the new ward. Have you looked around it yet? If not theyve got a vitual tour online so you can see each room. Itll show you the types of rooms they have.

I asked about this as I dont like hospitals and just got told that I had to deal with it as there are private rooms but are used for medical emergencies etc!! My plan is just to have my baby and then get out of there!!
xxxx

I was in a private room for over a week when I'd had the twins and it was the most lonely time of my life. The twins were in incubators so couldn't fit on the ward, it was a horrible time. I kept asking to be on the ward and they said no. What worse was that my door was opposite the family bereavement room :( x

Def not especially as i have a parrot that i really wouldnt want copying any noises i make lol!!
lol, me too, which is exactly my main reason for not having a home birth! I cant imagine anything more stressful! I'm hoping to use a Birthing Centre

I gave birth to my little man in the Princess Diana Suite in Liverpool Womens and had my own room from when I went in to when I took little man home, i couldnt of asked for anything more, they were brilliant. Im hoping the only thing thats changed is they dont offer formula anymore x x

Completely off topic but I gave birth in Winchester ao just wanted to say you must be nearby! I'm in chandlers ford x

:) yeah not far - I'm in Compton :)

how did you like the hospital? x

I'm not 100% but I think alot of hospitals keep the rooms for people with complex issues - perhaps mum is disabled or baby has been born with problems. I know the ones in my hospital are used for this, & I think they might also be used for people who have had still births.

I suppose it would just be luck, whatever is available.

I agree with a few others, I think its nice to be on a ward & chatting to other people ect, would be very lonely in a room yourself.

:) yeah not far - I'm in Compton :)

how did you like the hospital? x

They were fab! I had Ella at 35+5 so she was delivered by a doc who was fab and then spent 11 days in scbu who were all brilliant x

jodied oh great thanks :) I do like this hospital very much so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back