prior miscarriage need help!!!

AGGALEE

Reaction score
i am now into my fifth month and i want to start shopping for baby stuff but i don't want to at the same time in case i lose this one too! i don't know what to do! last time i lost him at 16 weeks and i am only 17 now- this is driving me crazy and so frustrating- can anyone help?

I can't imagine going through a miscarriage being that far along. I had one in July 2004 when I was 8 weeks pregnant and that was more than devastating. I'm not sure what to say besides try to relax. If you're scared to start buying baby stuff, then just windowshop for now and get an idea of everything you want and need. I'm sure everything will be fine.

I was terrified of telling my family when I became pregnant this time because I was scared of having another miscarriage and having to tell my family about it again. I couldn't contain my excitement though and told my mom as soon as I got my BFP! I've gone crazy buying baby stuff, and my family has as well! Good Luck! :D

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT, IT HELPS A LOT. I ALSO LOST MINE LAST JULY.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I am 15 weeks along and have had some spotting here and there. I am panicked nearly all the time because I too had a miscarriage at 8 weeks before this pregnancy. It's very difficult to get excited about decorating the nursery for fear it will be a lost cause. It was hard losing one at 8 weeks but I can't imagine losing one at 16 weeks. I feel great that I've made it almost twice as long as the last time. I just keep reminding myself that whatever happens, it is in God's plan for me. I have an absolutely wonderful 3 year old little boy that I am so blessed to be able to call my son. Good luck to you!

Aggallee

Know exactly how you feel. Like the other ladies on here I lost a baby at 11weeks, and they said it was the size of a 8/9 week feutus. So you can imagine that I am presently living in limbo and not really enjoying this pregnancy like I would like to. (im not 8 weeks & 1 day)

The trouble is you will compare, its human nature. Each milestone you get to is in comparison to the previous m/s. Silly thing is that in my case Ive already got Five wonderful and healthy children that are much older.

Doctor said that 8/10 pregnancys are successful...So perhaps this time you will be ok.

Weve Not told a soul yet...only the boards on here !!! Amazing telling complete strangers but not our parents. Its only that we dont want them to have to worry, as last time I was ill witha DVT at the same time.

As for going out and buying clothes, you must do as you feel is right. Perhaps set a Week, that you will start buying.

Sending you heaps of good luck & hope all goes well and happy baby buying!

Also sending hugs and love to all that have lost a baby ((((((hugs))))))

Best Wishes
Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back