Pressure to be a one-woman band!!

hellywelly

Reaction score
I obviously want to make sure Evie is stimulated and her development is helped as much as possible but does anyone ever think they might be over doing it? I feel constant pressure to entertain her, yet this morning after story time, playmat time, mobile time, getting dressed time etc she was so grouchy I gave in and popped her in her swinging seat for a bit - and she loved it!! Spent 15 mins having a good nose around and then dropped off!!

We went for a big family tea last night with a load of visiting rellies from Oz, and again she wasn't being specifically 'played' with, but she was passed around a bit, talked to etc etc and she loved it - she seemed to enjoy that far more than play time on the mat with all her toys! Is anyone else's LO like this? Do some just like getting out and about and having stimulation from people rather than toys?

Charlie was like that, he's into everything now though! He is and always has been very nosy but hates unfamiliar faces, he'd be bloody good on neighbourhood watch hes obsessed with looking out the window! X

That's so true... Yesterday I sat in the garden with Emily for 20 mins or so... She just sat on my lap listening to the birds and looking at the trees... So happy she was. And what really made her smile was every time the wind blew... She loved the feel of it I think! So simple, yet she was really happy taking it all in. You really don't have to be all singing and dancing al the time! Great for us mummies to have a little break sometimes! :)

yes yes yes!!

I was just saying yesterday to the girl that does my nails (shes comes to me) that i felt the constant need to entertain Harry, but now that he's starting to focus on things he's more than happy to sit in his swing chair and just look around while i do some bits in the kitchen

I always feel rotten if i'm not talking to him/.entertaining him every minute he's awake, but I've kinda come to therealisation that i just can't do that - he only naps for short periods during the day so i figure if he's happy looking around in his swing..i'm going to leave him there

He loves looking round now and focussing on stuff

Keiras more of a look around baby aswell, not interested in toys but could be coz shes soo young x

Alyssa has started wanting to sit on her own in her pram or walker and not be held. she actually gets annoyed seeing my face too much i think lol

Hunny I feel like a cross between Dick Van Dyke and Mary Poppins and yet Albert would be perfectly happy talking to the arm of the sofa all day. He hates tummy time, hates his mat at the moment, he doesn't even likes his Dee Dee anymore. It's the sofa or nothing lol

I am one of those silly mummies who feel bad sitting their lo in the bouncer while she does a few chores or letting him watch baby tv while I peg the washing out - but I was driving myself mental and after my friend having some stern words with me - I have realised its actually ok to let ur baby entertain his / herself and explore their surrounding - so I do leave Austin on the paymat once a day or in his bouncer - otherwise I simply cant get everything dun xx

I figure that if E would like clean clothes, food and a mummy who is not dehydrated and starving then she has to learn to entertain herself at times.

I do lots with her during the day from baby groups to just having a cuddle and a story so she is not without entertainment from mummy.

I feel strongly that it is important for children to entertain themselves as well as play. I think this comes from being a only child. We can't all be live in cbeebies presenters!

Currently she is happily on her play may chatting to herself in the mirror while I am getting dinner ready.

On tapatalk so can't see tickers :-(
Excuse the typos, phone has mind of its own.

I leave Tilly in the bouncer a lot. She chatters away to Morgan the monkey. I try to tell her what I'm doing if I'm just in the kitchen.

She only really has a few hours a day of really awake/alert time.

I don't think we should beat ourselves up just yet. They are still taking in their surroundings at this stage

apparently babies love to watch us just get on with daily things too.....so i often pop her in her bouncer to watch me while i wash up etc...she also loves baby einstein so that means i get 27 mins to do stuff :) he he...

she is very good at entertaining herself and is more than happy to lie in her gym and chat away to freddie the firefly or jacques the peacock...again apparently its good for them to have alone play time and this gives them independence and she is very independant. i can leave her in a room and she is quite happy..obviously i only leave her when i know she is safe! so either secured in her bouncer or lying on her play mat......

i often worry that i am not 'playing' with her enough...but i always sing to her every day and constantly chat to her and show her things and i think at 16 weeks, its all i can do really. i take her for a walk everyday and she goes to groups with me and we have just started swimming lessons :) xx

What is the 27 minutes of baby Einstein? X

I think it's really important that babies have a bit of time by themselves, just to take in their environment and make sense of it by themselves. They learn so much from watching other people, and there are so many sights and sounds for them to experience.

Wow Tyler spends a lot of his day on his own. I change his activities regularly and sometimes sit next to him instead of playing. I do obviously play with him but he needs to know he can play on his own and he's very good at it.
Eg
Get up from nap have cuddles
Play on mat(on own) half an hour
Play sitting up in ring (with me in front of him) half an hour
Play on my lap singing songs, playing with toys etc half an hour

Yeah max prefers people talking to him that toys!! The noises he makes when people talk to him are soo loud he gurgles coos giggles etc but he's never really that content with toys, he does seem a bit more interested in them now but would prefer to be picked up and sang or spoken to xxx

The baby Einstein DVD is 27 mins long. Lol x

Not heard of the DVD... Might have to go search! :)

nic-they do a 27 cd baby einstein boxset for £6 includin p&p on ebay xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back