• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Premmie Clothes

Pudds86

Reaction score
Has anyone bought any 'early baby' clothes? Was wondering whether it would be a good idea to pick an outfit up in case baby is early or small? Just for hospital?

x

I was wondering this myself!! Do babies tend to take after what parents weighed? I am thinking i might pick up one neutral small outfit just incase.....

I just bought newborn and 0-3 coz my babies are normally big and today been told I'm having a small baby :wall: typical ey! As far as I'm
Aware most newborns fit straight into newborn size and tiny baby is more
For premies x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, a bit unsure myself but on Sunday was in Next and bought some wee sleepsuits and a wee top aged up to 1 month! Suppose you cant be 100% on the size to buy until the big event!

To be honest... Brandon was born spot on time and he was a normal size baby, about 7 and a half pounds so not exactly tiny but still all the new baby clothes were big for him and early and tiny baby ones fitted a lot better..so am going to get some..x

i only got 1 all in one and 1 sleepsuit in tiny baby, just in case and to bring to hospital. I think (well here is me for asuming again) babies grow quite quickly first couple of weeks and if the clothes is a little big im sure thats ok :D

I might take a couple with me.

To be honest, looking at the tiny baby stuff in the shops that's really kinda how big my babies were. The newborn stuff does look a bit too big for newborns. But I suppose it depends on the size of your baby born!

I've got one set of 8 items which is for babies up to 5lbs and one all-in-one and hat that is for babies up to 6lbs and everything else is newborn just to be on the safe side.

i got given some tiny baby stuff from a friend with a prem baby have them packed in a draw as finger crossed wont need them so i can pass on to anyone that does x

I took newborn and 0-3 into the hospital and then after I left the hospital I went and brought some tiny baby vests and sleepsuits as she was only 6lb 12oz. Shes only just growing out of the tiny baby stuff now bless her. Id say its fine to not take any tiny baby things, because if you do need them, it wont harm them being in a bigger suit for a bit, and you can get your birth partner to run out and grab some if you really need them :)

i got 7 tiny baby - up to 5lb sleepsuits from mothercare, well from ebay via mothercare for £3 including postage, just incase, i was only 4lb5 and was full term but oh was 8lb so i wanted some little ones just incase, and they are brand new still in original packet never opened, so if he/she isnt that small im sure i will be able to sell them on again,

xxx

Good ideas! I have a feeling our little man will be over 7lbs, but I think I will pick up a vest / sleeepsuit just in case! Plus it's nice to think he will be tiny! hahah FOR MY SAKE! XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back