Pregnant with IUD

Mylynn

Reaction score
So this might sound crazy but I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with an IUD. I found out I was pregnant at 19 weeks when I went to the doctors office with a sore throat and she decided to give me a physical (I didn’t pay any mind to not having my period because that’s normal when you have an IUD and yes, my stomach was completely flat when I found out). My doctors have been saying not to worry but when I look online, it says being pregnant with an IUD can cause severe infections, miscarriages and early delivery. I am concerned my doctors are just trying to get me not to panick because they know they messed up by inserting the IUD in when there is a good chance I was pregnant (based on the timeline). I am worried for myself but most of all for my baby.

So this might sound crazy but I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with an IUD. I found out I was pregnant at 19 weeks when I went to the doctors office with a sore throat and she decided to give me a physical (I didn’t pay any mind to not having my period because that’s normal when you have an IUD and yes, my stomach was completely flat when I found out). My doctors have been saying not to worry but when I look online, it says being pregnant with an IUD can cause severe infections, miscarriages and early delivery. I am concerned my doctors are just trying to get me not to panick because they know they messed up by inserting the IUD in when there is a good chance I was pregnant (based on the timeline). I am worried for myself but most of all for my baby.
Oh no, you must feel so helpless at the moment. Can you go ask the opinion of a gynaecologist? Is this your first?x

Oh no, you must feel so helpless at the moment. Can you go ask the opinion of a gynaecologist? Is this your first?x

I definitely do feel helpless. My GYN is who inserted the IUD and he has been the one keeping track of my pregnancy since we discovered that I was pregnant but I am definitely considering going to another GYN for a second opinion because this is beyond stressful. And yes, this is my first child.

I definitely do feel helpless. My GYN is who inserted the IUD and he has been the one keeping track of my pregnancy since we discovered that I was pregnant but I am definitely considering going to another GYN for a second opinion because this is beyond stressful. And yes, this is my first child.
Yes do seek another GYN for a second opinon. Hope you find an answer soon!x

Seek a different doctors advice. To be fair if you’ve got to 26 weeks already with no issues it may all be fine and make little difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back