pregnancy after IUD removal

minxie

Reaction score
Hi all

Im a newbie here and looking to fall pregnant hopefully as soon as my IUD is removed later this week. The family planning clinic nurse said in theory this can happen straight away as there is no hormone floating around my body.

However, Im just wondering if from your experiences, whether its wise to wait a while after the removal before trying to conceive...if so how long? I read on a past forum thread on IUDS that someone was wondering whether there is a link between miscarriages and conceiving soon after IUD removal. PLEASE can anyone with knowledge or experience on this issue let me know? I guess Im looking for reassurance :? If the general consencus is that its safe to try straight away, I will be digging out the Barry White Cds for the weekend I think!

Best wishes to you all

Hiya, and welcome! :wave:

I also had the IUD, and had it removed the day after we came back from honeymoon. The GP also told me that in theory if we had BD in the 5 days leading up to removal, I could get pg straight away without even BD again! :shock:

Unfortunately, it didn't happen to me that way (it would have been lovely to know we conceived on honeymoon), but it only took me 5 months, so less than the average.

Good luck hun! :hug:

hi,
I had my coil removed on a friday and conceived the following weekend, it's still very early days for me but everything is going well so far.
good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back