pregnant glow

soconfused

Reaction score
i was quite upset the other day when a friend said 2 me that i looked happy but did not have that pregnant glow that women usually have. Although i dont think she meant anything by it, it did upset me. now i feel miserable because i feel that im missing out on something that all other pregnant women are getting.

Not everyone gets that "glow". Pregnancy reeks havoc on some women's skin.

I think the glow is a bit of a myth! How can you be glowing when you're so tired/uncomfortable/hormonal all the time?

It's probably possible to glow at times when you're having a good day but I wouldn't worry about it if your not!

Try not to feel bad. One of my co workers came up to me and blatenly said "damn your as big as a house" now I am 6 months preggo and I know I suppose to get big but come on now. :cry: a year before i got preggo i was 180lbs...i am only 5 foot tall so that was pretty heafty and i got down to 138lbs and stayed there for a couple months before i found out i was preggers. now i am 177lbs again but most of that is gonna go bye bye after i have my baby. i know i am gonna get big but it kind of bothers me when someone says i am as big as a house. some people can say some cruel things.

I don't "glow" either. And, I also have people making rude comments about my body. I was at my family's for a barbecue on the weekend, and I heard so many times "you're getting so fat" and "your husband's lying to you, you ARE fat" and "your bum has gotten big" that by the time we got home I was crying and avoided all the mirrors in the house. People can be so stupid and rude sometimes, and they don't even realize how much it hurts!

People need to think about the fact that we are growing human beings. We are SUPPOSE to gain weight, it is not fat it is baby. I swear the next time someone who is not pregnant or who has never been pregnant says I am fat I am going to ask them when the last time they grew a human being inside their body. :lol:

my hubby anbd mother find it funny that i am now wearing dungarees, they are the only comfortable thing i can wear now - and i am quite self concious at the best of times.. i know they are only joking but still gets to you

Hello fellow biggies!
Well I must admit I am loving getting big - although I've had numerous comments the last few weeks along the lines of "OH MY GOD it MUST be twins" etc. :shock:
You know what? I'm just so proud to be where I'm at after 3 and a half years of waiting I think I probably stick my stomach out more than is necessary!!! :oops:
The bigger we get the more confirmation that our little ones are getting stronger by the day. Gotta be a good thing, right?
Will find out next Friday (6th May) whether there is another little one sneaked in there!!! :D Will keep you all posted!!
*********** ROUND AND PROUD *************

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back