Pregnant for the 1st time and scared

Kirstee

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 28 years old (yesterday!) and I found out before Christmas that I am preggers. Doctors is estimating that I'm about 6-7 weeks judging by last period but I think I am about 4-5 weeks.

I have been having horrible cramps, constant nausea and occasional vomiting, which seems to be increasing. I have an immensley stressful job, the first day back of which was awful, there were tears, blurting out of the news and a near miss vomiting incident involving a colleague.

I'm not sleeping praticularly well, having crazy vivid dreams about mulitiple births and children I can't tell apart (other half has twins in his family).

I suppose it reads a bit like I am not really into this but I cannot express how happy I am that this little accident has happened. The only thing is I can't quite belive it's real and I'm terrified that I'm not going to go the distance. My sister had a missed miscarriage last year and is now due a baby girl in March. It would destroy me if I lost this baby.

I don't really know where I'm going with this. Just wondering I suppose if anyone else is feeling like this... :wall:

First midwife appointment is not until 21st Jan which I know is not far away but seems like years...

'The Nugget' as my other half is calling it is due approx 30th August.

Hey hun,
Welcome to the forum/hormone house.
I feel the same with the symptoms and the crazy moods and random tears.
And I think we all have that fear of not going the full distance, feel free to post and rant and we're here for you :hug:
Oh & Congratulations!! :cheer:
xx

Kirstee said:
Hi,

I am 28 years old (yesterday!) and I found out before Christmas that I am preggers. Doctors is estimating that I'm about 6-7 weeks judging by last period but I think I am about 4-5 weeks.

I have been having horrible cramps, constant nausea and occasional vomiting, which seems to be increasing. I have an immensley stressful job, the first day back of which was awful, there were tears, blurting out of the news and a near miss vomiting incident involving a colleague.

I'm not sleeping praticularly well, having crazy vivid dreams about mulitiple births and children I can't tell apart (other half has twins in his family).

I suppose it reads a bit like I am not really into this but I cannot express how happy I am that this little accident has happened. The only thing is I can't quite belive it's real and I'm terrified that I'm not going to go the distance. My sister had a missed miscarriage last year and is now due a baby girl in March. It would destroy me if I lost this baby.

I don't really know where I'm going with this. Just wondering I suppose if anyone else is feeling like this... :wall:

First midwife appointment is not until 21st Jan which I know is not far away but seems like years...

'The Nugget' as my other half is calling it is due approx 30th August.
:wave: welcome to the forum and the world of pregnancy, it is a truely terrifying experience and the symptoms are pretty horrid too, but soon you will start to feel better, hopefully. i was scared at first but now i am so happy, i too have twins in my family and am terrified of having twins. i have had the craziest dreams too, its our hormones and they should settle down too soon, i dream i am having twins, have my first scan in a few weeks, hope theres only one in here, but the size of my stomach is making me think otherwise :shock:

congratulations and try not to stress and keep positive, i hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you both, and Congratulations right back at you.

It's nice to have a place to go where others are going through the same as you as I have felt quite alone through all of this so far.

Fingers crossed I can get through the next couple of weeks and then baffle my midwife with lots of questions, queries and concerns. I already know she's going to hate me.... :lol:

Kirstee said:
Thank you both, and Congratulations right back at you.

It's nice to have a place to go where others are going through the same as you as I have felt quite alone through all of this so far.

Fingers crossed I can get through the next couple of weeks and then baffle my midwife with lots of questions, queries and concerns. I already know she's going to hate me.... :lol:
you are very welcome, and yes this place has become my second home, everyone is so lovely, haha your midwife will love you, they are there to answer our crazy questions :lol: i waited ages to see my midwife too, but time will fly by, sometimes a little too fast :hug: :hug:

Jaded,

I just read your story in another thread, and it actually made me cry! I am so pleased for you, I cannot imagine how it must feel to finally see the heartbeat you have been longing for. Congratulations!xxx

Firstly - Congratulations! :dance: :clap:

Secondly - Welcome, We are all paranoid wrecks here. we moan when we have symptoms and then panic when they dissapear for a day. My sister MC'ed so I was convinced I would be the same and was totally shocked when we reached our 12 week scan because we are actually having a baby! The sad thing is I missed the first Trimester worrying something would go wrong when the biggest percentage of pregnancies are fine.

All the girls on here are lovely so just voice your worries or questions there is always someone about to answer them.

Try to relax and enjoy it. :wave:

P.S. Don't worry I cried when I told work too! :lol: Just blame EVERYTHING on the hormones.

Mama 2 Be said:
Firstly - Congratulations! :dance: :clap:

Secondly - Welcome, We are all paranoid wrecks here. we moan when we have symptoms and then panic when they dissapear for a day. My sister MC'ed so I was convinced I would be the same and was totally shocked when we reached our 12 week scan because we are actually having a baby! The sad thing is I missed the first Trimester worrying something would go wrong when the biggest percentage of pregnancies are fine.

All the girls on here are lovely so just voice your worries or questions there is always someone about to answer them.

Try to relax and enjoy it. :wave:

P.S. Don't worry I cried when I told work too! :lol: Just blame EVERYTHING on the hormones.

Yep the hormones are responsible for everything :lol: Congrats and welcome, and I don't think you'd be human if you weren't scared half our your mind especially with your first :)

There's a lot of us in the same boat with our first, so we'll all be here every step of the way :D I hope everything goes fabulously for you :D

Kirstee said:
Jaded,

I just read your story in another thread, and it actually made me cry! I am so pleased for you, I cannot imagine how it must feel to finally see the heartbeat you have been longing for. Congratulations!xxx

ohnoes. we've got enough hormones around here without my story bringing on more tears lol.
it was definately a relief to see the heartbeat. fx that is a good sign.
with your little bean just try and relax into it, it really is the best way, listen to your body xx :hug:

Hi and a big welcome.
I'm 27 and this is my first pregnancy too (unplanned but thrilled) - I moan when I'm ill and then freak out when I'm not. I've had some awful times (bleeding, being sick ALL day etc) but so far I've got through it (I'm 11w4).

My midwife was very supportive and understanding - I've never been around babies before and none of my friends have them, my family live over 300miles away and to be honest I've spent weeks terrified. My midwife understood completely and even told me about mother & baby events etc that might be my lifeline after the birth. She even explained some financial stuff to be which is one of my main concerns.

I told my family at Xmas and they were thrilled plus my partner has been 100% supportive, although some of the stories he tells me about the birth of his daughter from him previous marriage frighten the hell out of me. At the moment I'm still refusing to read or research anything about the actual birth section of pregnancy in the hope that if I don't think about it it might not happen.

One recommendation for you is the Pregnacy Bible - it's a book that explains everything! Someone on here recommended it to me and it's great (although some chapters still unread obviously).

And don't be afraid to ask questions on here (no matter how silly you think they are!)

Good luck!

Frog99 said:
I told my family at Xmas and they were thrilled plus my partner has been 100% supportive, although some of the stories he tells me about the birth of his daughter from him previous marriage frighten the hell out of me. At the moment I'm still refusing to read or research anything about the actual birth section of pregnancy in the hope that if I don't think about it it might not happen.

Good luck!

Oh that's so me! Someone decided that I needed to hear their birthstory over dinner the other night, I keep telling her to stop but she wouldn't so I put my fingers in my ears and la la la'ed my way until she stopped! Exactly, lets not think about it or read 'THOSE' chapters in the book and all will be well (denial is obviously the best way to deal with this! :rotfl: ).

P.S. Don't watch Knocked Up. Thought I was funny before BFP but now the birth scene makes me cry with fear. :(

Mama 2 Be said:
Oh that's so me! Someone decided that I needed to hear their birthstory over dinner the other night, I keep telling her to stop but she wouldn't so I put my fingers in my ears and la la la'ed my way until she stopped! Exactly, lets not think about it or read 'THOSE' chapters in the book and all will be well (denial is obviously the best way to deal with this! :rotfl: ).

P.S. Don't watch Knocked Up. Thought I was funny before BFP but now the birth scene makes me cry with fear. :(

I saw a giraffe giving birth on animal park the other day and had to turn it off! At least we won't be having 6' babies - oww!

It's so nice to read all of your replies.

I know I'm not the first person to have a baby, but I have felt at times as though no one understands me - this place has just brought me back to reality :D

The 21st still seems a long way away but I will just keep coming in here and venting until then no doubt.

Something to make you laugh....

Before I found out I was 'knocked up', I thought I was getting my period as I had really awful cramps. Nothing new there but I remedy them normally with a boiling hot water bottle and some painkillers, usually nurofen. Anyway, a few days later I found out and I had a sudden flash panic, not just about all the cold and flu rememdies I'd taken as I'd had flu (doc said this was ok?!?) but mostly about the fact that I had had a steaming hot water bottle resting on my tummy for the best part of 3 days. My first thought and I voiced it (and I was in my parents house with my entire family - bro in law, sis, nephew etc) was.....

What if I've boiled my egg?!?!?!

I was genuinely concerned but everyone just fell about laughing at me :rotfl:

I'm still a little worried truth be told but I'll just add it too my list of fears.

CAn't wait to see the midwifes face when I ask her that one! :lol:

Kirstee said:

I know I'm not the first person to have a baby, but I have felt at times as though no one understands me - this place has just brought me back to reality :D

The 21st still seems a long way away but I will just keep coming in here and venting until then no doubt.

Before I found out I was 'knocked up', I thought I was getting my period as I had really awful cramps. Nothing new there but I remedy them normally with a boiling hot water bottle and some painkillers, usually nurofen. Anyway, a few days later I found out and I had a sudden flash panic, not just about all the cold and flu rememdies I'd taken as I'd had flu (doc said this was ok?!?) but mostly about the fact that I had had a steaming hot water bottle resting on my tummy for the best part of 3 days. My first thought and I voiced it (and I was in my parents house with my entire family - bro in law, sis, nephew etc) was.....

I'm still a little worried truth be told but I'll just add it too my list of fears.

:rotfl: I'm sure you won't have boiled your egg hun!! Your body regulates itself internally so I'm sure the baby was kept at the right temp.

Kirstee said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Boiled your egg! Sorry not very supportive but what a choice of words! LOL

Hi kirstee and welcome to the forum,everyone here is really nice with some really good advice.

I'm also due on the 30th of Aug,but unlike you this is my 5th and a very very unplanned baby,but it will be loved.
At the mo i'm feeling really really crap,had my first bout of morning sickness this morning at 5am.Every pregnancy of mine has been completely different so i still have loads of worries even after 5 :D
And as for the giving birth girls it isn't as bad as it is on films,well not for me it isn't,afterwards for some bizzare reason you forget about the pain and just coo at your baby.

But gas and air is the way forward :D :D brilliant invention.

If anyone has any worries about the birth feel free to ask,and i'll try to reasure everyone :D

Hey, good luck with everything, don't be scared......... Being sick all hours of the day is fun fun fun :dance: :shakehead:

Hi Everyone,

Its so nice to find this forum. I found out on Tuesday that I was 5 weeks Pregnant. I saw the doctor and they confirmed it all. It was not planned I have to say but am in a loving relationship and we are both really happy. I am of course like everyone, scared of m/c. It happens to run in my family with over 7 miscarages between 3 members and I am so scared of losing our baby. I know its early stages but what do I need to look out for? At the moment I keep getting heart flutters, it feels like my heart is missing a beat. I am very very tired but thats about it.

One thing I am worried about is a weird feeling in my stomach. Its not a cramp as it doesnt hurt as such, but it feels like I am due on my period and its like an aching feeling. Has anyone else felt this?

I also have a very stressful job and work 11 hour days.

I am sorry to go on but as we are so early we have not told anyone so am trying to get as much out as possible now.

Any help would be sooo apprecaited.

Thank you and congrats to all of u

xxx

Kerry&Rich said:
Hi Everyone,

Its so nice to find this forum. I found out on Tuesday that I was 5 weeks Pregnant. I saw the doctor and they confirmed it all. It was not planned I have to say but am in a loving relationship and we are both really happy. I am of course like everyone, scared of m/c. It happens to run in my family with over 7 miscarages between 3 members and I am so scared of losing our baby. I know its early stages but what do I need to look out for? At the moment I keep getting heart flutters, it feels like my heart is missing a beat. I am very very tired but thats about it.

One thing I am worried about is a weird feeling in my stomach. Its not a cramp as it doesnt hurt as such, but it feels like I am due on my period and its like an aching feeling. Has anyone else felt this?

I also have a very stressful job and work 11 hour days.

I am sorry to go on but as we are so early we have not told anyone so am trying to get as much out as possible now.

Any help would be sooo apprecaited.

Thank you and congrats to all of u

xxx
Hi Kerry,

I am about 6-7 weeks and I constantly feel like I am going to get my period. Cramps are normal from what I can gather although that doesn't make it any less scary. the members here are really supportive and will answer any questions you have so don't feel like you are going on. We all seem to have the same fears at the end of the day.

Best advice I can give is try to think positive and enjoy all the weird and wonderful things you are experiencing...even the nausea (which is KILLING me at the moment!!). I too have a stressful job but it may be worth telling your employer if only so that they make a few allowances where you need them.

Good luck and congratulations! This is my first and we seem to be in fairly similar situations so anything we can do to help each other is good :eek:)
:hug:

Hi Kirstee,

Thank you so much for your reply. Huge congratulations to you too.

Its funny because I have this overwhelming love for something that I didnt even know existed last week. I am trying not to get too excited about it incase anything bad happens but my boyfriend has just told me to enjoy it... I also cant wait for morning sickness!! ha ha.. I know you said its killing you but its a good sign your baby is doing well and is healthy so it must be a relief.

Have you told many people?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back