'Pregnant & Dating'

C0606

Reaction score
Hello! Hope everyone is doing well :)

I'm wondering whether anyone has seen the show Pregnant and Dating? It started in May and is an American show. If so, what do you think about it?

The reason I'm asking here instead of the TV thread is because even if you haven't seen it, I'm curious to know people's opinions in general about being pregnant and dealing with the whole dating scene. I think varying opinions could be interesting!

:) x

I can't imagine there are many men that would want to date someone whilst they are carrying someone else's child? I certainly don't know any!!!!!

I've been on dates while pregnant! I also have had to turn down a fair few too. I dont let it go further than a couple dates though, i really cant be arsed with a boyfriend right now!

I don't blame you - I've found I can hardly be bothered with my OH at the moment ha!
I wouldn't have thought there would be that many men wanting to date someone carrying someone else's child but it appeared I was wrong. I suppose it may be the tabooness of it all that is spurring them on? Ha!

I don't blame you - I've found I can hardly be bothered with my OH at the moment ha!
I wouldn't have thought there would be that many men wanting to date someone carrying someone else's child but it appeared I was wrong. I suppose it may be the tabooness of it all that is spurring them on? Ha!

I know what you mean, it is a little bizarre! Especially when I make it quite blunt they won't get anything (iykwim!) and as soon as baby arrives then they'll be bottom of the pile! Quite mean when I put it like that :shock: :lol:

xxxx

I had someone wolf whistle at me the other day whilst I was pushing the pram (I think he was taking the piss though :shock:)

I personally couldn't understand the attraction of dating a pregnant woman. My OH wasn't overly thrilled by my pregnant form - I don't mean the fatness - I mean the fact I dressed in a large nightie every night and didn't tend my lady bits for months :rofl:

I couldn't imagine having the effort to 'entertain' someone new when I was preggers. I am not just talking about sex but the whole dating thing. I wasn't witty, or fun or spontaneous or easy going when I was preggers. I was serene, I was happy to potter at home and nest, I liked to be comfy and not do much - I wouldn't have the energy to be in a new relationship.

Emotionally as well who would want to walk into the minefield of a woman pregnant with someone else's baby??

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I went on dates because my baby's dad told me I was spoiled goods and I suppose I just wanted to remind myself I wasn't!

I didn't want anything further than a meal and to be told I looked good though! Haha. Couldn't imagine anything worse than "entertaining" someone while preggo!

I still make an effort, so it was nice for that effort to be appreciated! It was nice to hear from men that I'm still attractive!

xxxxx

My friend started dating when she was 5 months pregnant. 16 years later she is still with this man. He's brought her child up as him own and they have three together too!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I just don't think I would as some days I feel so fat and horrible I don't even like my oh looking at me lol silly I know but guessing its the hormones

Xx

That's such a nice story Killeen2013. Yeah each to their own. I suppose a lot of men are more sensitive and better equipped to get round the hormones etc than men still with their pregnant OH. I don't think I could do it solely on the fact I just cannot be bothered to make much of an effort and so on even now at 14 weeks. Whoops!

I was single & pregnant but I couldn't face dating at the time. I still can't be arsed.

I went on dates because my baby's dad told me I was spoiled goods and I suppose I just wanted to remind myself I wasn't!

I didn't want anything further than a meal and to be told I looked good though! Haha. Couldn't imagine anything worse than "entertaining" someone while preggo!

I still make an effort, so it was nice for that effort to be appreciated! It was nice to hear from men that I'm still attractive!

xxxxx

Spoiled goods! What a horrible thing to say! Bet that spurred you on even more. Well done for having the courage to give it a go. xxx

Personally its not something I could do but I have no problem with it. Some guys could find it a little too much maybe?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back