Pregnant After Prem Baby

Ladybird

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I'd love to know whether you have any info that might help me know what to expect. I'll give you a brief history.

DD now 9 years old and pregnant with 2nd.

1st pregnancy was okay - ish.

Had low lying placenta detected at 20wk scan. Further scan at 28 weeks showed it had moved up. Wasn't mentioned again.

15 months after birth, read a letter from hospital to GP written at time of birth saying I had a single umbilical artery. (supposed to be 2 arteries and 1 vein) Don't know why they didn't tell me at the time. As far as I know there were no tests done on baby. She's okay.

Waters broke at 32 weeks so went into hospital. Didn't go into labour, had steroids and due to infection was induced at 33 weeks. Born happy and healthy, 5lbs.

Nobody ever made any attempt to explain to me why my waters may have broken early. And nobody seams particularly worried that this may happen again. (apart from me!)

With this pregancy low lying placenta has again been detected. I'm having another scan at 32 weeks. I forgot to ask the sonographer to have a close look at the cord, although not sure whether they could tell anyway.

At 20 wks, I asked my consultant whether I could have the steroids injection as a precaution. He said, "We'll see." I took that to be a "No!"

So, what do you think?

I know the placenta controls a lot of what happens and releases hormones etc. Do you think there might be a link with the low placenta and early delivery in 1st preg, and now with this one too?

At first I wasn't worried about this placenta, I was just looking forward to an extra scan! I didn't think this baby would necessarily come early too. But the closer I get, the more I think about my 32 week mark.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Ladybird xx

im not sure what to say after having a prem baby as my first (born at 30 weeks) i am really nervous about having more children as i have also not been told any reasons for her prematurity, all i can say is hound your midwife for advice thats what i would do and good luck :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

im not sure what to say after having a prem baby as my first (born at 30 weeks) i am really nervous about having more children as i have also not been told any reasons for her prematurity, all i can say is hound your midwife for advice thats what i would do and good luck :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hiya

My first was born at 36 weeks after my waters broke so not so prem. When i asked when i had Conal they said don't worry it is unlikely it will happen again, then my waters broke at 28 weeks with COnal now they have said if i have another chances are it will be prem too, i never got an explanation why my waters broke with either of them i asked and they said basicall i don't know,

So tbh i don't think anyone will be able to tell you whether or not your baby will be prem, but personally i would ask for steroid injections

Heather

Thanks guys.

Maybe I'll have to be more forceful when requesting the steroids. It's not normally in my nature, but with this pg I'm pretty scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back