Pregnancy tests - which ones? never used them before

ShineyHappyPeople

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im thinking of buying a few pregnancy tests in for next month while I have some paypal money but i've never had 1 in my life and dunno what im looking for. I was tempted to buy a bunch of cheapies until I get a bfp then buy a digital one but if im anything like you lot, i'll test way to early and use them all up anyway :talkhand: :lol:

So... the plan is to buy 1 or 2 good expensive tests and then when the time comes, I won't want to keep buying them so i'll have to wait until af is due / late. Plus (..you can tell ive thought this through..) i've made a promise with my hubby that the only time im allowed to test is when he is there, that way I can't sneak in some early tests!! - I feel addicted to poas already and I havent even done it yet, so these safe guards are important :lol:

Ok so clearblue or first response? I've seen 2 x CB tests on ebay for £5 inc postage which is good - will I get them??

Btw, its either pregnancy tests or shoes... either way, im spending the money today :lol:

Ps. Im impulsive!!!

This is what I've learned thus far!

10mlu ones are the earliest ones you can use, although the literature says to use on day AF due, i've looked it up and you should be able to use these ones ealier.
(I don't know how good these are, I had a faint pink line yesterday on one, and used 2 today and no sign at all)

25mlu are the ones most seem to be and should be used day of expected AF, but they might not pick anything up till 4 days later -although some people might get results earlier.

Our pound shop sells packs of 2x 25mlu ones for a pound.
Savers sells single 10mlu ones for a pound.
Wilkinsons sells 25mls posh ones, packs of 2 for £3.99

I would save anything more expensive till a good bit after af was due and you were using cheapies before hand, sort of a confirmation one.

PS I really should learn to read, missed the bit about you buying today off ebay, even though it was more than a bit of your post :doh:

Ohhh I looked up 10mlu ones on ebay and you can get 20 for £5.88 inc postage.. thats really good! But what if I keep using them and become obsessed? :wall:

Se this puts me off gettng lots of tests to test early.. the listing says "Please be aware that testing early can detect a chemical pregnancy, which you would not have known about if you had not tested early. This can be very upsetting, but fortunately is quite rare."

:think:

I got 10 ebay cheapie 10mlu ones!

I got an accurate BFP 4 days before AF due with these, and then after about 5 more positive tests i used my ClearBlue Digi (That was expensive hence why it was used last lol!)

So yeh, that probaly didn't help you lol, now I've learnt not to test early and I only have 1 ClearBlue Digi and 1 Wilkinsons Cheapie 25mlu test in my drawer.

So overall, if you want cheap ones i'd get the ones from Fertility Plan, as I always found they were quite accurate, but they encourage a POAS addiction so maybe stick with your ClearBlue idea!!

Haha that was such a rambled and probaly unhelpful answer! Sorry :oops:

Oooo we posted at same time!

Yeh I had a Chemical Pregnancy and that is what they detected so that's why i won't test early now!

What do you mean IF you get addicted? :wink:

Yes, unfortunately they can pick up a fetlised egg which hasn't been successful for whatever reason. My way of thinking is it was for the best and wasn't meant to be if it happens at that early a stage, it's nature. Apparantly in the first 2 weeks you're talking about the size of a full stop of cells. Had you not tested you would never have known.

You would have to weigh this up how you felt about it personally. On one hand you knew you at least managed to conceive but on the other hand it might be very upsetting that it didn't stick. So testing early for some people might not be well advised. I can handle it though, so I will (for now) be an early tester addicitve obsessional!

KittyMom said:

I got an accurate BFP 4 days before AF due with these, and then after about 5 more positive tests i used my ClearBlue Digi (That was expensive hence why it was used last lol!)

So yeh, that probaly didn't help you lol, now I've learnt not to test early and I only have 1 ClearBlue Digi and 1 Wilkinsons Cheapie 25mlu test in my drawer.

So overall, if you want cheap ones i'd get the ones from Fertility Plan, as I always found they were quite accurate, but they encourage a POAS addiction so maybe stick with your ClearBlue idea!!

No kitty, your post did help!! Sorry about your CP.. but thats what im scared of, i'd rather not know :shakehead: I think its a good idea to keep a good digi one in the house and no more, I think I'll end up doing that too.

ShineyHappyPeople said:
KittyMom said:

No kitty, your post did help!! Sorry about your CP.. but thats what im scared of, i'd rather not know :shakehead: I think its a good idea to keep a good digi one in the house and no more, I think I'll end up doing that too.

I think this is the sensible route! Good for you :clap:

HollyHobby said:
What do you mean IF you get addicted? :wink:

Yes, unfortunately they can pick up a fetlised egg which hasn't been successful for whatever reason. My way of thinking is it was for the best and wasn't meant to be if it happens at that early a stage, it's nature. Apparantly in the first 2 weeks you're talking about the size of a full stop of cells. Had you not tested you would never have known.

You would have to weigh this up how you felt about it personally. On one hand you knew you at least managed to conceive but on the other hand it might be very upsetting that it didn't stick. So testing early for some people might not be well advised. I can handle it though, so I will (for now) be an early tester addicitve obsessional!

Holly your going to be a bad influence on me tempting me test early
:rotfl:

I think if I had a CP it would play on my mind too much and I dont want to get excited over false start..

HollyHobby said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:
KittyMom said:

I think this is the sensible route! Good for you :clap:

Yeah... but will I stick to it? :rotfl:

Of course you wont stick to it! You might though just do it and not tell anyone, you'll become a sneak POAS addict, they are the worst kind, you can't help them ones!!!! :moon:

I got caught doing my dummy run one just to see how they worked, I felt a right fool :roll:

HollyHobby said:
Of course you wont stick to it! You might though just do it and not tell anyone, you'll become a sneak POAS addict, they are the worst kind, you can't help them ones!!!! :moon:

I got caught doing my dummy run one just to see how they worked, I felt a right fool :roll:

haha :rotfl:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
HollyHobby said:

haha :rotfl:

hehe that's funny! :rotfl:

I found that when I had tests in, TTC and Pregnancy constantly played on my mind (i.e. everytime i went for a wee etc... lol!) That wasn't good for my mental health I don't think!!

So now I only get reminded everytime i come of PF :wall: :wall: Glutton for Punishment me!!

I normally buy mine from the ebay seller FertilityPlan..... you can bulk buy them from them or you can do a mix and match deal with them which is what I normally do... I normally get the 25 bundle 15 OV tests and 10 preg tests.. they are the 10MiU ones as well and they cost £5.00 delivered... you can ask that they dont leave you feedback so if people dont know you are TTC it cant be traced and they normally deliver the next day in a plain white envelope!!

Well this is embarrassing but nearly everytime I go for a wee I pee on a ketostik! I know fine well they cant pick up pregnancy hormones, but i wondered if you had any change in sugar levels, which I don't think you do, but still - it's fun isn't it? I've got tons of them from when I started low carbing my diet ages ago, so I may as well use them up seeing as I now have a bread addiction :talkhand:

HollyHobby said:
Well this is embarrassing but nearly everytime I go for a wee I pee on a ketostik! I know fine well they cant pick up pregnancy hormones, but i wondered if you had any change in sugar levels, which I don't think you do, but still - it's fun isn't it? I've got tons of them from when I started low carbing my diet ages ago, so I may as well use them up seeing as I now have a bread addiction :talkhand:

This woman needs handcuffs or something :rotfl:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
HollyHobby said:

This woman needs handcuffs or something :rotfl:

Somebody get the Cage !! Tehehehehe ... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

parrot_aviary_cage.jpg

follow me plz :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231